Silkie thread!

One thing I did notice about my roo is he's got some gold leakage coming thru on his hackles, NOOOO! I just noticed it today
sad.png
My extra rooster (a gorgeous, very dark black) was taken by a hawk, so he's all I have to work with. Will this severely mess with the quality of the chicks bred from him? Or can I just grow them out and select against offspring that show leakage? I'm so disappointed, he's got fab feet, nice tight wings with no gaps, almost no back and a nice full chest (when he poses, which I can't ever get a picture of him doing, turd). Here's a (not so great) pic of him

Ugh!
My black rooster just started showing some white in the hackles!

We got some snow on Monday, rain on tues and wed. Today it stopped raining and the silkies wanted to go out. They ran out onto the hard snow LOl. they didn't stay out there long hehehehe. I am surprised they even went out at all! my LF usually freak out at the thought of stepping onto it for the very first time each year hhehehehe

I so wish it would snow here. Much too warm here in sc for that though. Today is a little chillier, in the 40s, but yesterday it was in the upper 60s at one point.

ChicksNherps

I see you like to bathe your silkies. Want to come over and do mine?
gig.gif
Dog groomer haha! I would if I had money to fly up there! I LOVE keeping my chickies nice and clean, matter of fact just bought another shampoo haha! It's an all natural flea and tick shampoo and it smells great! The smell lasts for weeks which is why I bought it. I want to use it before shows so they smell great and are protected. It is supposed to work up to 7 days.

http://www.petedge.com/product/Natural-Chemistry-Natural-Flea-Tick-Shampoo/55443.uts

Here's my handiwork on my favorite client, I took this today because I love him
big_smile.png

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom