Silkie thread!

My new hen Iris FINALLY laid her first egg!!!
wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif

Only took her two weeks to pop one out.
lol.png
I brought her home two weeks ago.. She's 2 years old.

One of these days I'll get some new pictures of her also..
Pretty girl! Is it fertile? Are you going to hatch her eggs out?
Here are my Wife's Silkies at around 9 weeks(+/- a week). Please excuse the messy faces, they love their fermented feed.

Buff(Teriyaki)

Porcelain(Marsala)

White(Parmesano)

Black(Kung Pow)

Blue(General Tso)

A couple of weeks ago I thought the Black one was a cockerel, now I am questioning it. Only the Blue is getting much bigger and has a large comb, the other four have very small combs. If Blue ends up being the only cockerel, that means I only need to acquire one more cockerel, a Buff or Partridge to go with the Buff and Porcelain girls.

Cutie Patootie babies!!! I think Marsala is my favorite.
big_smile.png

Pretty girl! Is it fertile? Are you going to hatch her eggs out?
No, not fertile. She had her two week quarantine. I do plan on hatching her eggs in the spring! I picked her out for my splash cockerel...who actually was the only one that showed ANY interest in her when I added her to the flock today. Usually both of the roosters come running and do their rooster dance but NOBODY CARED!! That was unusual. lol
So yes, I'll be hatching my own eggs in the spring for the first time!
wee.gif
Well..I've hatched PQ eggs before but this will be the first time hatching "real" eggs. It'll be something I've put lots of effort into and I'm very excited.
big_smile.png

I need some genetic help please.
I want to create the color cuckoo, and add to my Columbine line. I have one very nice rooster, and need to know what color his gals should be to keep it going and improve on.
I really want to know how to create the cuckoo color though. Any and all help will be appreciated.
here are some pictures,,, just for fun
ya.gif

I need some genetic help please.
I want to create the color cuckoo, and add to my Columbine line. I have one very nice rooster, and need to know what color his gals should be to keep it going and improve on.
I really want to know how to create the cuckoo color though. Any and all help will be appreciated.
here are some pictures,,, just for fun
ya.gif

I love your porcelain and whites! Gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom