Silkie thread!

anyone have high quality silkie eggs for sale that can be set in time for the "easter hatch a long"?  blue, black, splash, and paint are my favorite colors but will consider other colors as well. I thought I was content with pet quality but after seeing all these beautiful photos I am jealous and want some that I can show off as well.  thanks :)

I will send you a PM. Let me know if you get it.

anyone have high quality silkie eggs for sale that can be set in time for the "easter hatch a long"? blue, black, splash, and paint are my favorite colors but will consider other colors as well. I thought I was content with pet quality but after seeing all these beautiful photos I am jealous and want some that I can show off as well. thanks :)
I have some Silver laced Polish / Porcelain silkie mix hatching eggs
big_smile.png
If your interested hehe. I can't wait to see what they look like! I plan on hatching a few myself, what is the date to set for the easter hatch along? So far i've collected 1
lau.gif
but she's been consistently laying every other day so I hope to get a few in no time.

They are both high quality of their breeds
hu.gif

hen:

roo:

Last edited:
big_smile.png
If your interested hehe. I can't wait to see what they look like! I plan on hatching a few myself, what is the date to set for the easter hatch along? So far i've collected 1
lau.gif
but she's been consistently laying every other day so I hope to get a few in no time.

They are both high quality of their breeds
hu.gif

hen:

roo:

Oh I see you are local to me. Maybe I can get some of those hatching eggs later in spring if your selling?

Oh I see you are local to me. Maybe I can get some of those hatching eggs later in spring if your selling?
Well i'm looking for somewhere to board my rooster for the warmer months (once it gets above 50 at night) because I rent and my neighbor opens her windows at night when it's nice. So I don't know how long I will have hatching eggs but I will try to save some.

Well i'm looking for somewhere to board my rooster for the warmer months (once it gets above 50 at night) because I rent and my neighbor opens her windows at night when it's nice. So I don't know how long I will have hatching eggs but I will try to save some.
Does he crow at night?
My rooster is locked in the coop and will start crowing at 630 / 7am. When I close the door it is pretty dark inside. Maybe you could add some "french doors" to keep the coop darker.

Id be ready for them whenever you are. I have 2 incubators so I can do staggered hatches. If you have some left over down the road PM and we can set something up
big_smile.png

Does he crow at night?
My rooster is locked in the coop and will start crowing at 630 / 7am. When I close the door it is pretty dark inside. Maybe you could add some "french doors" to keep the coop darker.
No only at 6:30 or whenever I get up usually. The coop is pretty dark, only a tiny window hole but it leads to their covered run so it doesn't let a lot of light in. I just don't want to disturb my neighbor, she already said she is a light sleeper and the last rooster I had woke her up on the only day she was able to sleep in to be sleeping in
hide.gif
I have found someone who will board him, but they want $30 a month plus I have to buy his food
hmm.png
I was looking more for $20 a month and food, $30 is a bit much for just a little rooster but hey, if it's my only option then we'll see. I am going to put up some fliers and a guy I know may be able to take him, he just needs to build a coop.
Id be ready for them whenever you are. I have 2 incubators so I can do staggered hatches. If you have some left over down the road PM and we can set something up
big_smile.png
i'll keep collecting them, and see how many I end up with. I need to find an incubator for myself too before I can hatch anything haha. Nori can't do it, well she could but I don't know how the chicks would do in this weather
hmm.png
anyone ever hatch in winter outside when it's in the 20's?

big_smile.png
lau.gif
but she's been consistently laying every other day so I hope to get a few in no time. They are both high quality of their breeds
hu.gif
hen: roo:
I would love to see what that combo looks like. I'm in maine and might be interested in some eggs a little later in the year.

No only at 6:30 or whenever I get up usually. The coop is pretty dark, only a tiny window hole but it leads to their covered run so it doesn't let a lot of light in. I just don't want to disturb my neighbor, she already said she is a light sleeper and the last rooster I had woke her up on the only day she was able to sleep in to be sleeping in
hide.gif
I have found someone who will board him, but they want $30 a month plus I have to buy his food
hmm.png
I was looking more for $20 a month and food, $30 is a bit much for just a little rooster but hey, if it's my only option then we'll see. I am going to put up some fliers and a guy I know may be able to take him, he just needs to build a coop.
i'll keep collecting them, and see how many I end up with. I need to find an incubator for myself too before I can hatch anything haha. Nori can't do it, well she could but I don't know how the chicks would do in this weather
hmm.png
anyone ever hatch in winter outside when it's in the 20's?
Maybe you should put an ad at your local feed store. Building a coop for just one rooster, it should be fairly easy and cheap. He doesn't need a lot of space, but just enough to exercise a bit.

Back
Top Bottom