Silkie thread!

Lol yea all babies :) the roo is black with silver leakage I just put them in the pen together so in a month or so I'm gonna let her set on some I will definitely have pics ASAP and these are the best quality silkies I have in my reach right now but towards the fall I will have some better quality blacks to breed to these so they will have more spots an hopefully better quality

You are ahead of me. I want to find a really nice black rooster for my chocolate and paint pullets. My paint is not POL yet - she is only 5 months old. Oh, and by the way, from what I can see I think your paint hen is pretty nice!

My Cuckoo hen

Niiiiiice!!!!
big_smile.png

I have a question about Nori. I am wondering if she has sour crop. I just gave her a bath because she was covered in poop. Her crop is large and squishy like it's full of air. I don't know if it's water or air, she did drink a lot today I saw her. I put ACV in their water every day and put an especially large dose in today. She has been having normal bowel movements that I know of (she just did on my floor) and pretty sure she has been eating also. She hasn't layed an egg in a couple days though and has been consistant every other day since she started last week. She is acting normal otherwise. Should I seperate her just in case and just give her the water with ACV until her crop empties? Here she is, she's hangin with Ice. It's girl's night!
Did you check during night or in the morning

This teeny pullet (she was a small chick at hatch and has remained the smallest silkie I have) doesn't have the hugest crest or cushion, but boy, she has the most adorable face! Totally in your face at all times. She is very interested in my phone, so most of my pictures of her end up like this. And unlike my huge crested and bearded girls, I think she is so curious because she can actually see
hide.gif
Everyone is still dirty from this week's rain, especially the poor hens, from being mated by wet-footed cockerels.

She is adorAble!!!!!

Well I found out one of my Roos deep dark secrets !!! He roosts!!!! I nearly feel over when I walked in the pen after dark and saw him perched on a four foot tall gate!!!! Oh and does his two look okay I seems to be curled inward instead of outward like my others?

You sure have some beautiful chickens PeepBlessed!!!
I do love my baabies.
love.gif

Gorgeous!
Thank you!!
Well I found out one of my Roos deep dark secrets !!! He roosts!!!! I nearly feel over when I walked in the pen after dark and saw him perched on a four foot tall gate!!!! Oh and does his two look okay I seems to be curled inward instead of outward like my others?

I can't see this photo well, but on the back double toe, one should curve forward and the other should curve backward.

Back
Top Bottom