Silkie thread!

Trying to feather sex.
I'm pretty positive that silkies are not able to be feather sexed. It would be pretty great if they were. Would save me a lot of waiting
roll.png

Ok, a bit off subject, but I just received a Groupon email with the heading "Vent cleaning" and I immediately thought of my chickens.....I think I might need therapy...
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif

my 6 year old called everyone's butts a vent now.
lau.gif
lau.gif

You guys have me in stitches here! lol

Thank you everyone for your kind words, they are very helpful. At least I still have Icelynn, now I guess she will be even MORE of a spoiled brat since she is the only chicken! At least unless this egg hatches, today at 10pm is hatch time! So probably tomorrow if it is still alive. I really hope so, I don't want to lose two in one week
sad.png
Hope that chick hatches! Keep us posted!

Is it a rooster? Sorry for the bad picture
Trying to feather sex.
You can't feather sex or even positively sex a silkie until it is older... Sometimes you can't even tell whether they are male or female until they crow or lay and egg!
Even if you could feather sex Silkie chicks....can't do much with this picture. The focus is on the towel and the box itself, you can't see any of the feathers clearly. It is such an unclear picture.
hmm.png

My first silkie baby when I got him/her last month. I got it from the feed store and was so excited to find a silky. I've been wanting one since we first got our backyard flock.

My Mumble 5 wks later
big_smile.png
Lighting is not very good. Just wanted to show her/him off. I'm gonna get it some silkie playmates soon.

Back
Top Bottom