Silkie thread!

I have one tiny 'lil brown silky hen which I hatched underneath an old broody RIR hen last spring. But I'll tell ya, That 'lil silky girl bosses all 30 RIR's, buffys, coppers, plymouths, leghorns,and brahmas around all day long! I want more! They are absolutely ADORABLE!

Help! I have two roosters. They are young born in end of march... They are too aggressive right now with the girls, which there are 24... One if my hens has a bloody neck. I have separated her today and kept her with another hen. Any thoughts on my Roos??? Also my stupid lol family was in charge this weekend and told me yesterday we were missing a silkie... So when I took a head count last night I wasn't surprised to be a silkie short... This morning I went out to a tuft of feathers and a trail of them. All leading to a silkie leg! I am so sad... My dogs were going nuts this morning and now I know why.

Congrats to the blue ribbon and trophy winners posted recently on this thread. Love seeing that.
thumbsup.gif

Help! I have two roosters. They are young born in end of march... They are too aggressive right now with the girls, which there are 24... One if my hens has a bloody neck. I have separated her today and kept her with another hen. Any thoughts on my Roos??? Also my stupid lol family was in charge this weekend and told me yesterday we were missing a silkie... So when I took a head count last night I wasn't surprised to be a silkie short... This morning I went out to a tuft of feathers and a trail of them. All leading to a silkie leg! I am so sad... My dogs were going nuts this morning and now I know why.
I put my bachelor boys in their own run until they grow up. Hormones raging and they just need more time to mature.

Predators taking birds is the worse. I'm sorry you had to experience that loss.

Help! I gave my silkie a bath today, and tried to scrub some of the dirt out of her, but her feathers don't get white(especially her head feathers). Is there some speciall technique or special shampoo you can us? I also put hay in the pen to help keep them clean.

Back
Top Bottom