Silkie thread!

How old is she again? If she is young she may end up being a cockerel. I see waddles and a good sized comb for a young pullet.

Four months old. We call it "she" because it's a rather feminine-looking chicken when not wet. The comb and wattles are a new development.

Putting all the shots of combs, wattles, stance, etc. here.

I'm getting so many roosters. Looks like my only silkie pullets might be Ella, Cottonball and Professor Fluffles. Well, maybe I'll get a pullet or two out of the two youngest, but they tend to like fighting with the little cochin roo.

3 more days till mine hatch!! Wait! My RIR hasn't gone broody yet so I have no clue what to do while my other incubator is at my school and I have that one still in use. She's a day or two away from it thought. I'll just remove some egg rails.

Last edited:
Quote: I'd give her about half a cup daily--as much as she will eat. Mix it with plain live culture yogurt (as many many strains as you can find--a health food store is a good place to find one with a lot of strains of probiotics). None of it will hurt the others, and would be beneficial, so you don't necessarily need to pull her out.

Back
Top Bottom