Silkie thread!

So she is literally the fluffiest 5 week old I have ever seen. She needs a name. What do you all think?

It must be the season, because all I could think of was Rudolf.. are those reindeer antlers?
lau.gif

I wanted to jump in and share my first silkies. I had five hatch. Three were born with a cone head, two were not. I have not named them yet. They are super chill and aren't expressing too much personality besides just "laid back". Not sure if that is just their demeanor, or if they are depressed or what. I cannot believe how CUTE they are!
Adorable !:)

I have a silkie that has a crossed beak and today she cracked it right at the end of the blood in her beak. It bled a little bit and then stopped. We took it off at around 5 o'clock and when I went it the garage to check on her at 8 o'oclock she had not eaten any of the food. I'm really nervous she won't eat and she is my favorite chicken so I don't want her to die. HELP ME!!!

I had a turkey that broke her beak like that. it looked like a fingernail that had been broken off in the quick. I assume that's the wat It felt. I fed her warm oatmeal for a few days until it was less sensitive. i don't know about tge cross beak aspect of it.

I have a silkie that has a crossed beak and today she cracked it right at the end of the blood in her beak. It bled a little bit and then stopped. We took it off at around 5 o'clock and when I went it the garage to check on her at 8 o'oclock she had not eaten any of the food. I'm really nervous she won't eat and she is my favorite chicken so I don't want her to die. HELP ME!!!

This thread may be helpful.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...-for-special-needs-chickens-and-their-keepers

Howdy folks .. once again I can't help myself, I had to share bedtime pictures. 7 weeks old tomorrow; surely she will be teaching them to roost soon? lol
They are so cute. I have some that are almost 9 weeks old and they look exactly like yours. My BA momma is still in the broody box with the silkie babies. I'm thinking I might have to go out there at night in the dark and just put them up on the roost together. It's definitely time. I've held off because we've had a good hard freeze the last couple of nights. The broody momma went up on the roost the other night when it was so cold but I didn't realize the chicks couldn't get up on the roost like regular chicks can do it. I put her and the silkie chicks back in the box for that night. They've all been back in there the last couple of days. So we built little steps for the silkies now and with the cold and letting them get used to the new steps we'll see. It's supposed to be warmer the next few weeks so I might do it. I'm new at silkie chicks and I've sort of changed how I do chicks in general. I'm always learning and trying to adapt and change things as I see a need. I might not interfere and just let the momma decide this time. Then when she goes up with the big chickens on the roost I will just put them up there if they haven't learned the steps yet.

Back
Top Bottom