Silkie thread!

Oh I hope you are right. They only ones that are going to new homes are the ones missing a toe. My roo is missing a toe, so some of the kids are.lol. All the others are staying here until I see how they develop. Btw what do you see that says girls?
Narrow, flat combs.

I think this one is a boy based on the wide, round looking raised comb.

And this one a pullet based on her narrow even width of comb.

Last edited:

17 More days I'm so excited!!!!
celebrate.gif
ya.gif

My babies are going to be 7 weeks old on the 5th. Looks like I have 4 girls and 5 boys. The tiny lavender, the blue and 2 porcelains are girls and the one white and remaining 4 porcelains are boys. They are getting so cute! These are my first Silkies and I am loving them!

They are at that adorable stage. People say gawky teen-agers, I say so darn cute! They don't stay in a line any more for kisses, do they
wink.png

Is that a Porcelain girl on the right hand side of both these pictures? Low stance, and really nice dark buff coloring on that one. I think I see a Porcelain BOY standing tall in the back of the bottom one. The top center Porcelain has a really nice stance too. I love it when they look like minis of what they will be growed up..

Hey there! Can I get your thoughts on the sex of my three twelve-week old chicks?

This black one looks like a girl to me. Unaggressive and either a loner or her eyes are so covered by fluff that she can't see when everyone has moved away.

Are those streamers? Unaggressive, shy.

Best personality of the bunch, stands up to my much larger roos (has to jump up to bump chests!)

Hey there! Can I get your thoughts on the sex of my three twelve-week old chicks? This black one looks like a girl to me. Unaggressive and either a loner or her eyes are so covered by fluff that she can't see when everyone has moved away. Are those streamers? Unaggressive, shy. Best personality of the bunch, stands up to my much larger roos (has to jump up to bump chests!)
your white one looks like it has streamers, and if you post a better side/ back view of the other chick you think has streamers it would be easierto see. Very pretty:) but the white ones behavior certainly sounds like a rooster as well

I took a look and I am guessing both white chicks are boys and the partridge is a girl
smile.png
I see some pink in the combs of the two white ones. It will be fun to see what sex they turn out to be
pop.gif
I have been told that the line my chicks came from it is easier to tell which ones are boys pretty early. With yours it could be completely different.
Thanks! I also noticed the little bit of redness in the one I was thinking might be a girl. The two whites look so much different from each other I wasn't sure Then looking at the pictures you pointed out the combs to kabhyper1 I can really see it much better. So yes, we'll see. I'm going to hang on to all three of them until I know for sure.

Hey there! Can I get your thoughts on the sex of my three twelve-week old chicks?

This black one looks like a girl to me. Unaggressive and either a loner or her eyes are so covered by fluff that she can't see when everyone has moved away.

Are those streamers? Unaggressive, shy.

Best personality of the bunch, stands up to my much larger roos (has to jump up to bump chests!)

Back
Top Bottom