Silkie thread!

So I have a question:) I have six silkie chicks, two of which are half silkie. This guy that I'm posting pictures of started out black with some brown in the face, and so far he has feathered out like this. His father was a buff silkie, and mother a black Easter egger (she snuck eggs under my silkie hen.. Or more likely my silkie just decided to lay her eggs there too and go broody XD ) would this chick be considered a smutty buff? Or what? Thanks :)

Well, I think my little head trauma pullet has peaked in improvement. She is still not showing signs of eating or drinking on her own. I'm giving here until the end of the month...that will be two months of tube feeding her.

Oh I am so sorry to hear that! I really hope she has a big turn around very soon I know you have done all that you can do. She is absolutely beautiful. Good luck and what a great chicken mom you are!!!

So I have a question:) I have six silkie chicks, two of which are half silkie. This guy that I'm posting pictures of started out black with some brown in the face, and so far he has feathered out like this. His father was a buff silkie, and mother a black Easter egger (she snuck eggs under my silkie hen.. Or more likely my silkie just decided to lay her eggs there too and go broody XD ) would this chick be considered a smutty buff? Or what? Thanks
smile.png

I am not sure I would even call him Smutty Buff - I would just call him an Easter Egger because of his mom. I think your Buff rooster may already be Smutty Buff - check his wings and tail carefully for any black or blue. Partridge distillation of Buff would be my guess if you want the genetics for him. I suspect Black mom carries only one E gene and one e^b or e+ gene base. He didn't get the Black - so that's why he can show other colors. He looks like he will be a striking and different boy though.

Well, I think my little head trauma pullet has peaked in improvement. She is still not showing signs of eating or drinking on her own. I'm giving here until the end of the month...that will be two months of tube feeding her.

That's too bad. I've had one on tube feeding since June. My thirteen-year-old is not about to give up on him and since his quality of life doesn't seem to suffer from his predicament, I let my son keep taking care of him. There's not many kids his age who would show such devotion to a pet.

Oh good, so you do have one "spare" dark Porcelain boy.. if not the low standing one on the right. Is the other dark one the one front and center of the first photo I kept- and the "overlooker" in the second photo?
This is the boy you keep picking out.

This is the darkest boy~

This is the 3rd porcelain boy with a collar of buff (the 4th is the all lavender boy) who is looking pretty good too.

Back
Top Bottom