Silkie thread!

This is for all those people who ask: Can Silkies get cold.

Yes - they can, and they do, see?

Silkie and Silkie mix - outside - trying to eat the frozen food

Gave them some dry stuff - even the 4 day old CHICK is out there.

See? Silkies go out in the snow...

Well, 5 x 8 weeks olds has become 2! I found a lady who does animal rescue and is moving to a property shortly. She wanted some Silkies and was not worried if they turned out to be boys. So, while very sad to see them go, in some way it is a good thing because they appear to have gone to a good home and now I can spend quality time with Tina and Suzi (me? over confident that they are girls? Never! lolz). I was finding it very difficult to spend enough time on all of them with teaching them to be OK with being picked up etc. Hopefully now with just the 2 bubbies and back to a total of 4, I can go back to showering them all with quality time :)
It is going to be a lot easier to organise free range time also because I will be able to keep an eye on Tina and Suzi more easily than everyone all running in different directions lol. Their new mumma has promised updates and pictures :)

My poor Thunderhead died. RIP little one. I'm sorry your life was so short.

OH NO
sad.png
So sorry.
hugs.gif

Sorry both of you for your loses. I got up this morning to a escaped dog and dead ducks all over the yard. I believe two are going to make it and they were the bonded pair. I have tried everything with the dog and can not train it. Will be going to Animal Control Monday. It was a rescue puppy who was raised with the birds...

Sorry both of you for your loses. I got up this morning to a escaped dog and dead ducks all over the yard. I believe two are going to make it and they were the bonded pair. I have tried everything with the dog and can not train it. Will be going to Animal Control Monday. It was a rescue puppy who was raised with the birds...
Aaaw gees K Epp, sorry to hear about your losses also .. not a good day all round I'm thinking
sad.png

hugs.gif
Huggs for those grieving.

Back
Top Bottom