Silkie thread!

hen or too plz anyone
it's a hen :)

The
Thanks!  But when I went to get it out I found that she had gotten cockleburs in her crest too!  I did the best I could but I couldn't get all of the cockleburs out or the tomato stuff!  :barnie      Do I need to cut them out?   She does NOT want to hold her head still.  Will they come out by themselves?
burrs will need to be removed. The tomato goop will eventually go away the burs won't. I wouldn't cut them out. But try and more or less slide them out.

The
burrs will need to be removed. The tomato goop will eventually go away the burs won't. I wouldn't cut them out. But try and more or less slide them out.
X2
But don't leave them if you can't get them out that way. They can work their way farther and farther in, eventually causing skin issues. Cut them out as a last resort.

That's a shame SIL, it enlarges fine on my iPad.

I know - I brought it up full screen on my Toshiba laptop but even the colors of the eggs were blurred. The writing was completely illegible. It shouldn't have been an issue but there you go! Maybe it's posted on a better site somewhere else.

What do you guys use to mark your eggs? Is permanent marker ok to use?
I use permanent sharpie marker on my eggs.

I got a assorted color pack of the thin tip sharpies and I use different colors to mark certain batches ( I do staggered hatches often in the same incubator so it helps to keep the eggs organized)

Back
Top Bottom