Silkie thread!

I have one of my silkies soaking her feet in my tub. She has poop stuck on her toes and the bottom of her feet. Any thing else I need to do?

Their feet can really get gross! I hold them over a sink get their feet wet and rinsed, then I use some liquid dish soap with Olay in it to wash away the rest and the stench! Then I put them in a box with paper towels to dry. The only negative thing I can see when it comes to this breed of bird.

Their feet can really get gross! I hold them over a sink get their feet wet and rinsed, then I use some liquid dish soap with Olay in it to wash away the rest and the stench! Then I put them in a box with paper towels to dry. The only negative thing I can see when it comes to this breed of bird.

When can I put her back out side.its 60* now but supposed to get down to 33* tonight.

Last edited:
If it's only her feet that are wet she should be fine. If her undercarriage is wet dry her with a hair dryer. I can honestly say that I haven't had much trouble with poop on feet.

I have about 25 Silkie and this was the first time I've had to clean ones feet. I was afraid she would get bumble foot or something and she was walking funny.

With the little chicks in a brooder I've had to clean their feet quite often, I only have five birds but I'm admittedly obsessive about cleaning the brooder, coop and the yard they range multiple times a day but still end up with a dirty foot at least weekly. We handle these birds daily too, so I keep them as clean as can be. And it seems that the heavier the feathering is on their feet the more prone they're to getting poop stuck on them.

I have about 25 Silkie and this was the first time I've had to clean ones feet. I was afraid she would get bumble foot or something and she was walking funny.

It's good you cleaned her foot! I let mine hangout in the box inside for about an hour then put them back outside.

This girl in particular has frequent foot baths.

I NEED HELP NOW ok so my neighbor was selling his chickens and I got a new white silkie from this years stuff from the place he got them and i also got a leghorn and a silican buttercup and he told me they don't get eggs from them because they lay on the ground where ever they are and I thought that is ridiculous but he's not my silkie and the others lay there eggs where ever they are so what should i do the leghorn and buttercup have access to boxes and my silkie has a place also with a fake egg in it and they won't lay there so what do i do i need help asap

Back
Top Bottom