Silkie thread!

Hatched some silkies and cochins. My silkies have some unusual coloring, egg was marked buff/blue on most.
What do you think these will be? Color wise.

Last edited:
more pics
1. i have a few that look like this light buff and light blue coloring.

2. this one is amazing looking in person. Mostly a light grey with a lighter white blue that you see in the tail coming out.

#2 side shot of the grey one

#3 light biege with splashy grey on the ends of its wings. This is my largest silky so maybe a roo.

#4 not sure as to what to call this. Darker than the others and has mixed colorded wings

Last edited:
Just sharing some pictures, since I haven't in a while
smile.png

Betty looking quite fabulous after her molt, she's always dirty though, ALWAYS!

Emma Jean, a frizzled Silkie. She's super tiny and so sweet
love.gif
(those smooth Sizzles are always close by).

Hattie, a lovely blue pullet I kept back from last springs hatch (and one of those smooth Sizzle pullets, again).

Oh, and if anyone remembers this chick (worst picture ever, they hate my camera, and me, if I'm being honest), still no tail! All of its brooder mates have normal backsides, but this little one doesn't even have the nub the feathers would grow from. I'm also a little concerned that I can't find an oil gland either. I have no idea whats going on here
idunno.gif

Oh, and if anyone remembers this chick (worst picture ever, they hate my camera, and me, if I'm being honest), still no tail! All of its brooder mates have normal backsides, but this little one doesn't even have the nub the feathers would grow from. I'm also a little concerned that I can't find an oil gland either. I have no idea whats going on here :idunno
That is strange but kind of cute too, poor guy missing his tail, don't tell him.
1f604.png
It will be interesting to see what he looks like mature.

I really have no idea what he. A friend gave him to me a couple of months ago. Here is a pic

From my chicken expertise which is almost non I would say he is a Cochin. If he is bantam I still think you may be fine keeping them both.

I have a Cochin roo living peacefully in my barn with 3 EE roos. They are all large fowl. There's also two bantam roos in there. They all get along. I think the bigger concern will be how much attention the hens get. I can't remember what the count is on them. You don't want them getting to much attention.

Back
Top Bottom