Silkie thread!

that is weird what are you feeding? maybe she has it is a reaction to her feed?

I've actually tried a few different feeds, including now fermented feed. The food doesn't seem to make any difference. It seems to become noticeable when she gets really excited, whether for positive or negative reasons. The rest of the time she appears fine and is actually becoming much more affectionate. She interacts well with the rest of the flock too and despite this anomaly, is nowhere near the bottom of the pecking order.

I've actually tried a few different feeds, including now fermented feed. The food doesn't seem to make any difference. It seems to become noticeable when she gets really excited, whether for positive or negative reasons. The rest of the time she appears fine and is actually becoming much more affectionate. She interacts well with the rest of the flock too and despite this anomaly, is nowhere near the bottom of the pecking order.

Silkies are prone to a number of genetic neurological disorders thanks to their vaulted skulls. Keep an eye on her. Maybe she'll improve with time. It's likely not caused by something environmental though. Good luck.
hugs.gif

In May, I received an order of chicks from Ideal Poultry that included four white Silkies. I was hoping for at least one that would become a broody hen. Now that they are a week away from turning seven months old it appears that all four are pullets and that one may already be broody. Tonight three are up on their roost for the night while the other is in one of the nests. Previously all four would roost together. Also, I did not see the fourth pullet outside in their pen today, just in the nest. The four Silkies are separated from the larger chickens.

I would like to give her some fertile eggs to sit on from the flock of New Hampshire pullets of the same age who are with our only New Hampshire rooster, BC, who is four years old.

How many full size eggs should I give her? How long should I wait to be sure she is broody?

Just spreading a little Christmas Cheer to you all! lol. Thanksgiving babies are 2 weeks old today :)

[COLOR=005CB1]
[COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR]

[COLOR=005CB1] [/COLOR][COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]

Love the sleigh, cute photos, thanks for sharing all of those with us, Merry Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom