Silkie thread!

Stopped fighting her at the door grabbed an empty Christmas box put a cozy blanket in it and some shredded paper she settled in and laid her first egg! Then carried on loudly about it till everyone came to look at it and she's back outside and back to her normal self. That's why she was following me around so much. We really thought Freedom was a Roo, nice surprise!

The white bird is Freedom

Always nice when a roo turns out to be hen. The ' egg song ' is a very noisy occasion here. Once the hen starts singing all of the Roos ( 13 ) join in and with 30 hens , the egg song can sometimes last the best part of a day.

Stopped fighting her at the door grabbed an empty Christmas box put a cozy blanket in it and some shredded paper she settled in and laid her first egg! Then carried on loudly about it till everyone came to look at it and she's back outside and back to her normal self. That's why she was following me around so much. We really thought Freedom was a Roo, nice surprise!

That's so awesome, you had room in the inn for Freedom on Christmas day ☆

I think I am done guessing gender on silkies lol
So it turns out this beautiful paint is not what I thought it was. I thought for sure it was a rooster. It showed all the physical traits apart from the more obvious crowing/raised comb. I still felt soo sure it was because its body was shaped like one, walked like one, and had the swooped back crest, and a wider comb even though it wasent raised yet. I was just waiting for it to crow. Well in just two months its made a complete transformation and now look at it. Looks like my Prince charming who was suppose to be my main breeder is actually a hen lol. Isent she precious :)

Here SHE is in October looking very boy-ish wouldn't you say?

And here she is only 2 months later looking suddenly very girly lol :)

Edited by Iluvmysilkies - Today at 10:33 pm

LMAO!!! My husband and I were in tears laughing at this! That's fantastic!

lau.gif

I think I am done guessing gender on silkies lol
So it turns out this beautiful paint is not what I thought it was. I thought for sure it was a rooster. It showed all the physical traits apart from the more obvious crowing/raised comb. I still felt soo sure it was because its body was shaped like one, walked like one, and had the swooped back crest, and a wider comb even though it wasent raised yet. I was just waiting for it to crow. Well in just two months its made a complete transformation and now look at it. Looks like my Prince charming who was suppose to be my main breeder is actually a hen lol. Isent she precious :)

Here SHE is in October looking very boy-ish wouldn't you say?
[COLOR=005CB1]
[COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]

And here she is only 2 months later looking suddenly very girly lol :)
[COLOR=B42000]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]Edited by Iluvmysilkies - Today at 10:33 pm
How old was your Silkie in October? I have one we think is a boy, but not sure still. It does have streamers, but looks similar to yours. We were told it was about 20 weeks whenI got it, which was about 2 months ago. No signs of a crow or an egg.

How old was your Silkie in October? I have one we think is a boy, but not sure still. It does have streamers, but looks similar to yours. We were told it was about 20 weeks whenI got it, which was about 2 months ago. No signs of a crow or an egg.
She was about 15 weeks old in october when I took those pics. Looked very boy-ish. I thought for SURE it was a roo. And now look at her at almost 6 moths old. Totally transformed lol.

I think we are at 6 months and still looks like a boy, but I am holding out until I hear a crow! I can't have a rooster where I am.

What a cutie. Looks like it was some blue in the tail, how cute. cant see the comb very well but it looks raised, and with the streamers, i'd probably think boy. Mine didnt really have the streamers, it was just a boyish shape. But it doesent hurt to hold hold off till it crows :)

Back
Top Bottom