1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f414.png
1f600.png

I think I am done guessing gender on silkies lol
So it turns out this beautiful paint is not what I thought it was. I thought for sure it was a rooster. It showed all the physical traits apart from the more obvious crowing/raised comb. I still felt soo sure it was because its body was shaped like one, walked like one, and had the swooped back crest, and a wider comb even though it wasent raised yet. I was just waiting for it to crow. Well in just two months its made a complete transformation and now look at it. Looks like my Prince charming who was suppose to be my main breeder is actually a hen lol. Isent she precious :)

Here SHE is in October looking very boy-ish wouldn't you say?

And here she is only 2 months later looking suddenly very girly lol :)

Edited by Iluvmysilkies - Today at 10:33 pm
She looks fabulous (and very girly) now! Love her
love.gif

I have a splash that looks almost identical to her early pictures, except its still all white (I really wish it'd hurry up and show some blue). I'm really hoping its a pullet, all of my other splash chicks have been little cockerels this year. I have one the same age as my hopeful thats already got a large reddish comb and wattles, even though its smaller, I'm fairly confident that ones a boy. So
fl.gif
I get lucky and end up with a girl too!
I think we are at 6 months and still looks like a boy, but I am holding out until I hear a crow! I can't have a rooster where I am.

I'd guess thats a cockerel too, with the streamers and what looks to be red on the wings and hackles, but you never know!

Good luck! Sending you girly vibes! Lol :) have your splash babies always had a tendency to show their color late? All my splash babies have shown their color right away. I have a two week old now, already showing obvious blue splashes on it's wings and new pin feather.

She looks fabulous (and very girly) now! Love her :love
I have a splash that looks almost identical to her early pictures, except its still all white (I really wish it'd hurry up and show some blue). I'm really hoping its a pullet, all of my other splash chicks have been little cockerels this year. I have one the same age as my hopeful thats already got a large reddish comb and wattles, even though its smaller, I'm fairly confident that ones a boy. So :fl  I get lucky and end up with a girl too!

Last edited:
Hey everyone! I have three 10 week old silkies that I would like to know the gender of. I have the link to the thread in my signature. Thanks!

I can give you some guesses for fun but as you can see in my last post. They can really trick you! But you may want to label which bird is who instead of throwing them all in the same folder :)

What a cutie. Looks like it was some blue in the tail, how cute. cant see the comb very well but it looks raised, and with the streamers, i'd probably think boy. Mine didnt really have the streamers, it was just a boyish shape. But it doesent hurt to hold hold off till it crows :)

Thanks, hoping for a quiet Roo or a girl still.:lol:

With those long streamers Im willing to bet hes a boy.

She looks fabulous (and very girly) now! Love her :love
I have a splash that looks almost identical to her early pictures, except its still all white (I really wish it'd hurry up and show some blue). I'm really hoping its a pullet, all of my other splash chicks have been little cockerels this year. I have one the same age as my hopeful thats already got a large reddish comb and wattles, even though its smaller, I'm fairly confident that ones a boy. So :fl  I get lucky and end up with a girl too!
I'd guess thats a cockerel too, with the streamers and what looks to be red on the wings and hackles, but you never know! 

I'm hearing a lot of that lately...:oops:

I think I am done guessing gender on silkies lol
So it turns out this beautiful paint is not what I thought it was. I thought for sure it was a rooster. It showed all the physical traits apart from the more obvious crowing/raised comb. I still felt soo sure it was because its body was shaped like one, walked like one, and had the swooped back crest, and a wider comb even though it wasent raised yet. I was just waiting for it to crow. Well in just two months its made a complete transformation and now look at it. Looks like my Prince charming who was suppose to be my main breeder is actually a hen lol. Isent she precious :)

Here SHE is in October looking very boy-ish wouldn't you say?
[COLOR=005CB1]
[COLOR=B42000] [/COLOR][/COLOR]

And here she is only 2 months later looking suddenly very girly lol :)
[COLOR=B42000]
[/COLOR]
[COLOR=333333] [/COLOR]Edited by Iluvmysilkies - Today at 10:33 pm
Beautiful!

Back
Top Bottom