Silkie thread!

Here are my girls with their baby! :love They've hatched two so far! I will try to keep posting pics!
Wow! They are so cute! I love the little baby!
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
1f60d.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
2764.png
Please do keep posting pictures!
1f604.png

Ok, so you think it'll be ok to leave the babies with them both thank you very much! Should I put them somewhere else? because I have them in the nest box in the coop. I put food & water in the nest box and blocked it off so others can't come in.

I would let them finish hatching , then move them to more suitable ' nursery ' . I don't keep mine in the main coop as the communal water dish can be a very dangerous place for youngsters. Be sure to only provide shallow waterer's to prevent drowning. They look very happy . :)

I would let them finish hatching , then move them to more suitable ' nursery ' . I don't keep mine in the main coop as the communal water dish can be a very dangerous place for youngsters. Be sure to only provide shallow waterer's to prevent drowning. They look very happy . :)

Ok, when they are done hatching I move them. Thank you SO much and I will post pics as often as possible of the babies and their moms!

My favorite silkie rooster. Such a good-natured guy.

Where does he end or begin?
lol.png

Mother on left, 4ish month old daughter on right. Neither wanted to look at me. The family resemblance is strong!

Silkie in back has a thai/wyandotte cross chick, Silke/OEGB cross hen in front has a pure silkie chick! These two almost always go broody together. I have another silkie hen right now broody on air.

I started a post on my silkie becoming a roo, yesterday on the managing your flock boards. Thought I'd mention it here too. Got to hear his first crows. How awkward coming of age looks, lol. Little guy is real proud of himself all a sudden. He is surrounded by son big gals though, so he'd better be a little more humble. Seeing him protect a 15 month ok hen three times his size that would just as soon peck bim is real cute ha ha. He's a good boy though.

I have been visiting my mom for the last few days. Talked with DH on the phone and another Silkie pullet has gone broody. He gave her three LF eggs on Sunday. He was not sure which Silkie but I am guessing Tapioca; I will confirm when I return home. He gave her eggs from both Timmy's flock and BC's flock but did not remember which was 2 eggs and which was one. I will mark the date on the eggs when I get home.

Arrowroot and her two chicks are doing fine. The chicks have no problems navigating the three steps up into the coop from the pen.

My favorite silkie rooster. Such a good-natured guy.

Where does he end or begin?
lol.png

Mother on left, 4ish month old daughter on right. Neither wanted to look at me. The family resemblance is strong!

Silkie in back has a thai/wyandotte cross chick, Silke/OEGB cross hen in front has a pure silkie chick! These two almost always go broody together. I have another silkie hen right now broody on air.
Your white silkies are gorgeous!

Back
Top Bottom