Silkie thread!

We hatched out some Silkie babies last year. My sister ordered the eggs on eBay and they were supposed to come from show/breeder stock. The pics of the parents looked great. Of the dozen eggs that my sister incubated, only 3 hatched. A black, a buff, and whatever this guy is. None were of very good quality, missing toes, poorly feathered, etc. but this guy's color has always intrigued me. Anyone know what this is or what genes might come into play?

I know it is really hard to see, but he has really dilute blue/gray markings, not to the tips of the feathers, but to the base. When he was smaller, it looked more like very dilute barring, but not all over, just on the back and in patches.

Last edited:
We hatched out some Silkie babies last year. My sister ordered the eggs on eBay and they were supposed to come from show/breeder stock. The pics of the parents looked great. Of the dozen eggs that my sister incubated, only 3 hatched. A black, a buff, and whatever this guy is. None were of very good quality, missing toes, poorly feathered, etc. but this guy's color has always intrigued me. Anyone know what this is or what genes might come into play?

I know it is really hard to see, but he has really dilute blue/gray markings, not to the tips of the feathers, but to the base. When he was smaller, it looked more like very dilute barring, but not all over, just on the back and in patches.
He could be a very light colored splash or paint. Cant tell by the pics if the gray is all over or splotchy.

Back
Top Bottom