Silkie thread!

Thank you Silkiecuddles! :D Breeding season is in full swing, and today was a chance for getting pens outside and into the sunshine. I gave the Partridge pen a chance in the sunshine today as well. Everybody's happy. . Fuzzbucket my foundation Partridge, Red Barney, and "Pup Down". He is Paint x white recessive. Partridge genes hooked up. He is stunning and I have five little chicks sired by him this year. He will be a year old next month. My friends toddler can't say touch down during football games and says "Pup down" instead. I thought that was a cute name for a rooster. So my partridge guy is known as "Mr. Pup Down". His first babies are awesome! The partridge chicks were expected. The lavender/buff chicks were not. They are beautiful dilutes. My Paint roo passes a lav gene. Mr. Pup Down passes it on.
Lovely. I would call that ' blue partridge ' .

I m taking today off and bring her to the vet get it done but when I call and ask do they do chicken? "We can do it 4u" do u know bumble foot of a chicken? " never heard of it"
Then I tell them what I know n read on internet n how it need done I just don't hv the tool "is ok we will do it 4 u"

I ask 4 price "60-90"
May sound weird but is 50% cheaper then a "bird vet"
Bird vet I called they still want me pay 4 $110 check up first then arrange an other day cut it off extra $$$ on top on everything

This vet I m going to soon just "60-90" get it cut done done...

I was going to drop franklin off there m go to work
Later on I think.... I should take off m make
Sure
They know what to do with her better then something get wrong...

The thing I worry the most is how to hold her stay....

So far I bath her the day b4 I put her in towel flip her over I think she get scare n do no.1 n 2 , 1 after 1

I done my other chicken 3 yo old English game she is fine when I first flip her n stay steel.

Franklin I can't hold her steel at all.....
sad.png

Any tips???
My vets were'nt very familiar with chickens but they do research, make calls and try their best to figure it out. Over the past couple of years their are a couple I will see now. Last time I was there I took a puppy and a dog for their shots. She remembered me and she had only seen my chickens once. She didn't give me anything and gave advice I already knew and the chickens died. Neither of the 2 vets where in the office at the time. I don't take chickens to her anymore. She asked me how they where and I told her they died.

Mumsy your silkies are so fluffy!!!

Everyone should post pictures of their babies sleeping, I think it is so cute how they all stretch out their necks.

I wish I could get babies, we might get some around October this year but we already have a lot of chickens and no space so probably not.. am living vicariously through all the lovely photos
love.gif

@tinkerfairy Yes EE silkie crosses are adorable, at least in chick form so far. I have two prime examples in my brooder at the moment.

I live in Utah and I'd really like to get some nice sI like eggs I haven't had very good luck with nice looking silkies and I've heard that although ebay can be fun to buy eggs, for some rEason not for silkies. So anyways does anybody kn9w of someone sellingit could part with maybe a dozen or so as t a reasonable price?

I really love the splash colors in silkies, is there a method to getting this color? Like crossing a color with a white or do you have to have a splash to get splash chicks

splash is cause by 2 blue genes (0 is black, 1 is blue, 2 is splash), so breeding blue to blue gets you black, blue and splash. Blue x black gives you blue and black. Blue x splash gets you blue and splash. Splash x splash gives you all splash, but the color can get washed out.

Back
Top Bottom