Silkie thread!

Thank you. :D The breeder I bought them from told me they were Gray's. It takes the silver partridge genes to get them. I'm pretty sure that there isn't a single partridge gene. It must come in sets and of course silver must be in there somewhere. Or I could be messed up in my understanding. Sonoran Silkies (Suze) used to have Grays' I think. Maybe I'll do a forum search for her explanations. The standard for Gray silkies calls for all over chinchilla body color. You can even see barring on the pullets fluff! She was so pretty. Penciled wing feathers is not desirable. Not sure about barring. Or is it the other way around? I no longer remember. I did adore these birds and was crushed to lose them both. I don't know anyone with Gray's or Silver Partridge for that matter. But I haven't looked hard yet either. I don't even know how to start a pen from scratch. I was thinking of trying with the pens I have. It might take me the rest of my life though. Easier to find a breeder with an established program me thinks. I live in Washington. Between here and Oregon there are plenty of top notch silkie breeders. I'm sure there are Gray's out there. I wish Karen Larson of Catdance had them. I'd be there tomorrow. :D
I've never seen Grays that look like that so cool. I hope you find some more. Best of luck!

I have two Roos, Scratch and Grassy. Love these little babes!

Question. Does anyone else have silkie chicks that twitch their head if you touch them? Mine does. Just wondering if it's something to be concerned about. 
My year and a half old silkie Roos still do this when they get very relaxed and happy. I assume it's just a silkie trait since mine are perfectly healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom