Silkie thread!

Quote:
Oh, i didn't realize they are still in the brooder. It could still possibly be a space thing or if you have a bright light on them all the time that could be stressing them out as well and cause them to feather pull and fight. Maybe try a red light or turn off the light when it's not too cold in the house. Temps could possibly be too high as well... i know i get cranky when i'm too hot so i would imagine they do to lol. Like Fancychooklady I put mine out around 5-6 weeks if they're feathered. Good luck
hugs.gif

so this isnt about silkies per se but polish and sultan. ive now lost one polish and one sultan i have another two im kinda worried about. idk why i lost them they just got really weak/lethargic then got weaker and weaker till they slightly seized and died what can i do for the rest? (was supposed to have a total of 40 chicks)

Very sorry you lost them, how are the rest looking? Tell us more about your set up? Not to hot can they get out from under the heat? Warm enough? What are you feeding? What are you using for bedding? Are the near any chemicals like cleaners,perfume, laundry sprays any mold in the window by them? Make sure you have good venalation.
You can try giving them a boost with a little sugar water a drop at the side of the beak.
Just some things to consider hope they improve for you.

I have a 2 week old Silkie that seems to be losing feather on the chest area, it's actually bare in one spot. Could it be sickly? It seems to be fine, doesn't act sick but I'm not sure if this is normal or not. Any ideas? She's also very skittish and does not like to be held, will this change over time?

Check her over good for lice or mites. A pic would be great.

Very sorry you lost them, how are the rest looking? Tell us more about your set up? Not to hot can they get out from under the heat? Warm enough? What are you feeding? What are you using for bedding? Are the near any chemicals like cleaners,perfume, laundry sprays any mold in the window by them? Make sure you have good venalation.
You can try giving them a boost with a little sugar water a drop at the side of the beak.
Just some things to consider hope they improve for you.

they are warm,can move away if they want,feeding walnut grove unmedicated chick starter crumbles. using wood shavings covered with papertowels for bedding and they arent eating the papertowel. no chemicals,no mold,great ventalation. ive tried vitamins,sav a chick,sugar water,etc. since the time i posted this ive now lost a total of 4 and have a fifth one on his way out :/ ive called the hatchery and come to find out they are supplied by privett and cackle. i ordered from cackle last year and had chicks die

they are warm,can move away if they want,feeding walnut grove unmedicated chick starter crumbles. using wood shavings covered with papertowels for bedding and they arent eating the papertowel. no chemicals,no mold,great ventalation. ive tried vitamins,sav a chick,sugar water,etc. since the time i posted this ive now lost a total of 4 and have a fifth one on his way out :/ ive called the hatchery and come to find out they are supplied by privett and cackle. i ordered from cackle last year and had chicks die

Poor peeps
1f61e.png

Are you seeing them eat and drink? If so might try changing the food maybe you got a bad bag. Very sorry.

it was a brand new bag and everyone else is eating it and is fine but the polish and sultan arent. does anyone know anyone that might be able to just ship me chicks? im fed up with hatcheries

it was a brand new bag and everyone else is eating it and is fine but the polish and sultan arent. does anyone know anyone that might be able to just ship me chicks? im fed up with hatcheries
Do their poops look normal? How old are they?

Also, my polish hen gets sick like this every single year (I don't know why), but I just bring her inside and hand feed and water her until she can stand up and walk around again. I usually leave her inside for a few days though.

look like normal chicken poop.a little on the watery side though (or atleast the sick ones) i had a few with pasty butt but i kept up on that so thats not the cause. what bothers me is they all died the same way, weakness in legs (cant stand. like spraddle leg or paralysis) then they continually get weaker till they start stargazing and panting/gasping then they seize up and die.. idk whats going on but i want it to stop

Back
Top Bottom