Silkie thread!

What kind of comb is this and why is it like this?

It's the silkie version of a straight comb. Not to standard and considered a DQ.

With any injury it's always a risk to leave the injured bird in the flock. I've seen eyes pecked out.
I would put Terramycin drops or ointment in the eye to help it heal quicker and create a " sick bay ' for him. Even chlorsig , if you have any in your bathroom cabinet, will help.

ok it looks 100% better when I tape up his comb. Its like when your eye is swollen when you wake up in the morning.. I don't plain on being a breeder... he is me only rooster if I take him away from the flock it wont cause my chickens to act out??

Last edited:
I'm having trouble with my chicks hatching they can't get out of the shell, are my shells too hard? I feed layer crumbles because I had egg bound issues when I wasn't feeding the layer. I also have oyster shell on the side. Any thoughts on what to do?

What kind of comb is this and why is it like this?

"Looks like a walnut comb to me."

Not to me. This is a walnut comb below. He's still young (about 6 months) and the comb will get a bit bigger and possibly a little "wrinkly" looking but no points and nothing sticking up. There are some funky combs out there in the breed. If you love them and aren't interested in breeding seriously it doesn't matter but according to the standard, the original comb posted would be a disqualification.

Back
Top Bottom