Silkie thread!

I need yall's help. I have a black roo and 4 paint hens and 1 black hen. The roo and 1 hen are the parents to the others and are about 3 yrs old. All the eggs laid since February have been infertile. I have groomed and trimmed butt feathers, given plenty of greens and protein. I do let them free range from time to time but the birds are migrating and I don't want them getting carried off for dinner.

What could be the problem for their infertility. All the girls have been laying eggs. Nice pretty eggs.

I need yall's help. I have a black roo and 4 paint hens and 1 black hen. The roo and 1 hen are the parents to the others and are about 3 yrs old. All the eggs laid since February have been infertile. I have groomed and trimmed butt feathers, given plenty of greens and protein. I do let them free range from time to time but the birds are migrating and I don't want them getting carried off for dinner.

What could be the problem for their infertility. All the girls have been laying eggs. Nice pretty eggs.

So your letting the father breed the daughters and you want to hatch the eggs?

[COLOR=EE82EE]Hey Chicken Friends! I am needing help! My new silkie babies (I finally got 5!! *squee*), but they seem to have an issue with pasty butt[/COLOR] :( . [COLOR=EE82EE]We've raised and lowered the heat lamp, maintained fresh bedding and water. Kept fresh food available. Am I just worrying for nothing or is this normal? What worked for you?[/COLOR]
When I had a problem with mine last year, I started giving them chick grit and it didn't happen anymore

I'm new with having chickens and I started out with 4 chicks in October. I've rehomed 2 Roos and have add two pullets (awhile back). Last weekend I rehomed the 2nd roo and came home and for the first time ever my whole silkie (that I thought was a pullet) started crowing. The last roo I had to rehome because he suddenly became aggressive and started coming at me and was being too hard on one of the girls and pulling all her head feathers out when mating her. My white silkie has always been so sweet and the first to come up to me and eat out of my hand and let me hold. Now all the sudden he's doing the little side step thing towards me when I come around and now today when my 6 year old went to collect eggs as soon as she when in he pecked her legs 5times and made her bleed. I have 3 young kids that love helping me take care of the chickens. I can't have aggressive behavior. What should I do? Is it hormones that's causing all these sudden problems?

@leah567
Do you need a picture of just their heads or whole body or just face. I took a few pics so let me know if you need better ones, these silkies were hatched February 7
Thanks​

Last edited:

How did you determine that they were infertile?

I'm new with having chickens and I started out with 4 chicks in October. I've rehomed 2 Roos and have add two pullets (awhile back). Last weekend I rehomed the 2nd roo and came home and for the first time ever my whole silkie (that I thought was a pullet) started crowing. The last roo I had to rehome because he suddenly became aggressive and started coming at me and was being too hard on one of the girls and pulling all her head feathers out when mating her. My white silkie has always been so sweet and the first to come up to me and eat out of my hand and let me hold. Now all the sudden he's doing the little side step thing towards me when I come around and now today when my 6 year old went to collect eggs as soon as she when in he pecked her legs 5times and made her bleed. I have 3 young kids that love helping me take care of the chickens. I can't have aggressive behavior. What should I do? Is it hormones that's causing all these sudden problems?

Are these hatchery birds?

Back
Top Bottom