Silkie thread!

Line breeding is okay as long as they have good genetics

For the record, breeding full siblings, father to daughter, or mother to son is inbreeding. Line breeding is breeding farther out like uncle to niece or grandfather to granddaughter. I wasn't implying it was a bad idea, I was just asking as that may or may not have something to do with the infertility.

I have an issue that came up yesterday. Can anyone help. I have a 5 month old showgirl. Noticed her stumble yesterday thought her foot may be sore as when I gave her a bath Monday I cut one nail too short I stopped bleeding so I figured maybe sore from that. But this morning she is just lying around I picked her up she stumbles and lean slowly to the ground almost as if butt will flip over her head. She is eating I have separated her today put rooster booster in her water. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated

I have an issue that came up yesterday. Can anyone help. I have a 5 month old showgirl. Noticed her stumble yesterday thought her foot may be sore as when I gave her a bath Monday I cut one nail too short I stopped bleeding so I figured maybe sore from that. But this morning she is just lying around I picked her up she stumbles and lean slowly to the ground almost as if butt will flip over her head. She is eating I have separated her today put rooster booster in her water. Any advice or suggestions would be appreciated
crop is empty also

I have to second this question. The only people aggressive ones I've had were hatchery birds.

No! I got the silkie from a friend that breeds them and I got the other three from a local lady that has a mixed backyard flock. I'm going to rehome him but I'm having a hard time finding anyone that has a pullet or hen to sell me. I don't want to go through possibly having to rehome a 4th roo!

Do you do coccidiosis preventative measures? That can give those symptoms but usually there is runny or bloody stool, however, that's not always present.

I have a question about breeding silkies if you bought the chicks from a hatchery how do you know if they are brother, sister or related in any way?

Back
Top Bottom