Silkie thread!

ok thanks so much I will get some afterwork today

1f600.png
1f44d.png

For the record, breeding full siblings, father to daughter, or mother to son is inbreeding. Line breeding is breeding farther out like uncle to niece or grandfather to granddaughter. I wasn't implying it was a bad idea, I was just asking as that may or may not have something to do with the infertility.

i just have the one pen. i wanted to see what they produce this year and sell eggs next year. i may just keep them for broodys then.

I thought it was safe to breed daughter to father but not mother to son.

Either way is fine... reason being as full siblings (from same roo and same hen) will share 100% of the same DNA... daughter to father, or son to mother they only share 50% of the same DNA...

i just have the one pen. i wanted to see what they produce this year and sell eggs next year. i may just keep them for broodys then.

I have Paints now, out of Ruby's flock in NY... cockerel is Paint along with 2 pullets, and 2 blacks split to Paint pullets... first one just started laying... once their production is up and fertility is good, if you want, can send you some eggs... :)

Hey everyone, I have a five week old silkie from a feed store that already is getting waddles. Does that mean he or she is a boy?

Back
Top Bottom