Silkie thread!

This little one is almost 2 months old now. Still not sure on gender and no one knew what to call the color so my hubby and I have named the chick Birch. It got its name because it coloring looks like a birch tree and so we have called the coloring of this little silkie birch at well. We are planing to breed for this color now with hopes of getting it a regonized color in the future. These Photos are from a month ago almost will take new photos today
Very pretty!! Hmm color? I would be tempted to say Columbian but I see not back in neck sooo, I'm gonna go with a Very light grey i can see some hinks of grey or lavender,I have seen many grey birds with wings like this , maybe with lavender?? Do you know parents? I would ask someone that breeds greys maybe check the Grey silkie thread :)

One of the girls I hatched from some of Ravyn's eggs..she's a beauty. I have already clipped around the eyes once, did it again after this photo. She can see again. Love her!

Which is the head..which is the bum?
big_smile.png

My baby Disco used to look EXACTLY like that..but oh dear, the molt...

Yikes.

LL

Oh dear! I can't imagine. I've never had one molt like this, not even my LF. I've been lucky I guess..now look what I did. I said something. :/

One of the girls I hatched from some of Ravyn's eggs..she's a beauty. I have already clipped around the eyes once, did it again after this photo. She can see again. Love her! Which is the head..which is the bum? :D
My baby Disco used to look EXACTLY like that..but oh dear, the molt... Yikes.
Don't you love hard molts? I had one silkie that was nearly naked last fall.

Very pretty!! Hmm color? I would be tempted to say Columbian but I see not back in neck sooo, I'm gonna go with a Very light grey i can see some hinks of grey or lavender,I have seen many grey birds with wings like this , maybe with lavender?? Do you know parents?
I would ask someone that breeds greys maybe check the Grey silkie thread
smile.png
I have talked to grey breeder's and non of them know what color to call this little one. Dady is a very dark grey with no markings like that all, and his momma is pure white. The only place it has a tiny dusting of gry now is in its tail. The rest is white other then the wing markings. As I said this is an older photo it looks more white now. Here are its parents and some photos of it what it was a day old.

Photo Above: Dad

Photo Above: Mom

Above Photo: Chick as day old

I have talked to grey breeder's and non of them know what color to call this little one. Dady is a very dark grey with no markings like that all, and his momma is pure white. The only place it has a tiny dusting of gry now is in its tail. The rest is white other then the wing markings. As I said this is an older photo it looks more white now. Here are its parents and some photos of it what it was a day old. Photo Above: Dad Photo Above: Dad Photo Above: Dad Photo Above: Mom Photo Above: Mom Photo Above: Mom Above Photo: Chick as day old Above Photo: Chick as day old Above Photo: Chick as day old
Yes that what I see most greys hatch as the stripes partridge base , grey/ silver partridge, I have seen the greys with lots of white mostly around neck call chinchilla grey, I wonder if somehow the grey is just very diluted?? The father looks more blue then grey but that could just be photo, and mom could be hiding any color ,but a lot of whites hide partridge and for some reason a lot of non bearded like yours hide silver partridge or grey :) I am not expert on genes tho , maybe try facebook? There is a grey silkie breeders page :)

Back
Top Bottom