Silkie thread!

Here's the second one done!

IMG_0132.JPG

well.... sorry I've been MIA. I ended up having to remove the blue silkie hens babies. Which caused havoc in the flock. Bluebelle apparently had ended up the head of the flock with her little roo dudes to back her up. The salmon faverolle spent 2 weeks putting her back in place... that was hard to watch.

But so far everyone is getting along pretty well now. Poof (black headed girl) is still dumber than a box of rocks (got locked out of the coop because she was on the wrong side of the open door....

Floof has been jumping on poof and being annoying to her.... but he hasn't crowed... still no real streamers and he still feels like an oddly matted dog he's literally just the most awful textured bird to pick up. But no crow means no go.

Someone also has started laying again every day. 1 silkie egg every day. I can't tell if its my 5 year old Bluebelle or little 5 month old Poof....

Attachments

• 67348507_10114074186728910_2872803126354640896_n.jpg
    67348507_10114074186728910_2872803126354640896_n.jpg
    196.1 KB · Views: 10
well.... sorry I've been MIA. I ended up having to remove the blue silkie hens babies. Which caused havoc in the flock. Bluebelle apparently had ended up the head of the flock with her little roo dudes to back her up. The salmon faverolle spent 2 weeks putting her back in place... that was hard to watch.

But so far everyone is getting along pretty well now. Poof (black headed girl) is still dumber than a box of rocks (got locked out of the coop because she was on the wrong side of the open door....

Floof has been jumping on poof and being annoying to her.... but he hasn't crowed... still no real streamers and he still feels like an oddly matted dog he's literally just the most awful textured bird to pick up. But no crow means no go.

Someone also has started laying again every day. 1 silkie egg every day. I can't tell if its my 5 year old Bluebelle or little 5 month old Poof....

I thought that silkies didn't start laying until they are 8 month's old.

All together I hatched 17 chicks from my Silkies, colours are white and partridge and there is 3 different ages.

The oldest are almost 4 weeks old.

I have people already interested in the whites and of course, I was wanting to keep 2 whites myself. I'm not wanting to keep partridge.

Since people are already interested in them, I've had to choose which 2 to keep sooner than I would have liked.

It's definitely too soon to sex them and also too soon to really see their true features.

So, I've had to go off the current best 'show looking' chicks.

I've went with these two!

They're the smallest, have the most scraggly looking flight feathers, have the darkest eyes, have the best current foot feathering and have the most poofy tails.

The main issue I have is that I have no idea what their crests will look like.

Anyways, people's thoughts on these two growouts are appreciated!

I sprayed purple spray under their left wings to mark them if you wonder what the purple feathers are on some photos.

IMG_0159.JPG

IMG_0161.JPG

IMG_0162.JPG

IMG_0167.JPG

IMG_0160.JPG

IMG_0163.JPG

IMG_0164.JPG

IMG_0165.JPG

IMG_0166.JPG

IMG_0168.JPG

I just went out to lock up the coop because I heard thunder. I heard a small crow coming from the silkies pen, so I waited to see one it was. I guess that I have a black silkie cockerel in my batch of 5. I hope that my blue one isn't a boy, so I can breed those 2 later, because they aren't related.

Does anyone have any idea if this comb is correct? Loki is 14 weeks old and crowing. I’ve known he was a roo since about seven weeks. His comb grew very early. I’m not sure if it is correct though. Any ideas?

Attachments

• A9A171C2-FF40-4589-BF2B-AA61C5FE33E5.png
    A9A171C2-FF40-4589-BF2B-AA61C5FE33E5.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 10

Back
Top Bottom