Silkie thread!

SUZU and GINNY -- not chicks any more but still under a year old -- chicks grow up so fast -- these sweeties are laying eggs and GINNY has gone broody a 2nd time this season!

GINNY in her broody box
DSCN0403.JPG

SUZU keeping company with GINNY
GINNY-SUZU NESTBOX JULY 2021.jpg

SUZU has brown/gold in her wing feathers now -- wish she stayed all blue/silver!
DSCN0331.JPG

GINNY
DSCN0470.JPG

DSCN0360.JPG

VIOLET is over 10 years old and going through molt right now
DSCN0349.JPG

Silkies are the sweetest girls -- I wasn't going to get any more Silkies but Violet has lived so long I couldn't resist getting her more Silkie companions. We have 4 chickens now (3 Silkies and one 4-year-old Dominique who is surprisingly nice to the 3 Silkies)

DANA -- the rose comb Dominique
DSCN0061.JPG

SUZU and GINNY -- not chicks any more but still under a year old -- chicks grow up so fast -- these sweeties are laying eggs and GINNY has gone broody a 2nd time this season!

GINNY in her broody box
View attachment 2787376

SUZU keeping company with GINNY
View attachment 2787378

SUZU has brown/gold in her wing feathers now -- wish she stayed all blue/silver!
View attachment 2787394

GINNY
View attachment 2787385
View attachment 2787391

VIOLET is over 10 years old and going through molt right now
View attachment 2787398

Silkies are the sweetest girls -- I wasn't going to get any more Silkies but Violet has lived so long I couldn't resist getting her more Silkie companions. We have 4 chickens now (3 Silkies and one 4-year-old Dominique who is surprisingly nice to the 3 Silkies)

DANA -- the rose comb Dominique
View attachment 2787399
Oh i love all your chickens.. Violet makes me smile.. i hope mine all get to be little old chicken ladies ❤

I lost my baby girl pixie (pfp) a couple of months ago and I'm having meltdowns every night. My first and only silkie hen, raised her from a chick in iso........every day together.

The sweetest thing, and she lived in my room while she was sick

I miss her so much.:hit
Im really sorry 😞 i understand.. i have dogs from ages ago that every once in a while have me still crying. Same w family, especially my dad. It's the missing of that wonderful feeling of love and happiness. I have been working on focusing on a moment that made me smile or laugh, then i get moving on something to keep me occupied. It still happens but less often and for shorter amounts of time, and brings the memory back to being a positive instead of a negative. ❤

Im really sorry 😞 i understand.. i have dogs from ages ago that every once in a while have me still crying. Same w family, especially my dad. It's the missing of that wonderful feeling of love and happiness. I have been working on focusing on a moment that made me smile or laugh, then i get moving on something to keep me occupied. It still happens but less often and for shorter amounts of time, and brings the memory back to being a positive instead of a negative. ❤
IMG_20210518_180121_190.jpg
i now endorse you to admire her round borb-ness

IMG_20210517_163325_184.jpg

My fav photo of her

Screenshot_20210716-140456.png
several months ago
Screenshot_20210809-170000.png

When she was healthy and thriving
Screenshot_20210716-140700.png

Her as a pullet
IMG_20210517_163325_211.jpg

Back