Silkie thread!

I have a new dozen have not lost any 2 are a few weeks older. I can keep up to 6 silkie if they are all hens I have 2 that where with the older silkie may keep one but the frizzle can be sold
005.jpg
008.jpg

I'm so excited I didn't even think it was possible for me to get a partridge, because they said they were out until next year, and to get 1 in my hatchery choice chicks is fabulous. That one only has 9 toes though.
That's ok, sometimes the extra toe is just a nub anyhow.. they can miss one or have an extra. All my fancy chickens have come from the bantam bin at the feed store, so i also feel lucky!

I'm so excited I didn't even think it was possible for me to get a partridge, because they said they were out until next year, and to get 1 in my hatchery choice chicks is fabulous. That one only has 9 toes though.
Don't worry about a missing toe -- it happens. I had a chick with only 8 toes -- just don't use for breeding purposes so the genetic anomaly doesn't pass down to offspring. I have a long-lived 10-yr-old Silkie Partridge and last year had a Silkie Dark Partridge that lived only one month before passing -- either way Silkies are so worth the effort we put into them!

Back
Top Bottom