Silkie thread!

Quote:
aww dang sorry you missed out on that one
sad.png
That auction was way too expensive for my taste!

Quote:
They should start soon. What % protein feed do you have them on? I find they do best on a 20% feed.

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I will be listing an auction for 6+ buff eggs tonight on ebay. I'll put the link up here and my website. The Brinsea is full. Looks like I will have to start up the other incubator soon. Thought I'd mention it incase anybody is interested. Not sure how long till I will list more after this one ends. Probably once the calls start laying and I need to fill the incubator up with those.
smile.png
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270719777276

17% right now, plus treats.
I will see about finding a 20%, what we're feeding them now is feed store's layer ration.

I mix gamebird crumble in with the regular crumble I buy to up the protein level, just a suggestion
smile.png

And here they are! My BBS silkies that will make up my breeding pen! Meet Elvis, Priscilla, Lisa, & Marie
wink.png

Elvis - Blue Cockeral (6 Mths)
63636_elvis1.jpg

63636_elvis3.jpg

Priscilla - Splash Pullet (6 Mths)
63636_priscilla1.jpg

63636_priscilla5.jpg

Lisa - Blue Pullet (5 Mths)
63636_lisa1.jpg

63636_lisa2.jpg

Maria - Blue Pullet (5 Mths)
63636_marie1.jpg

63636_marie3.jpg

Hello all. Please forgive me in advance!!! I don't get to be online very much, so I don't know if I am posting this correctly or not...

I have been given a wonderful opportunity to ride with a lady to the show in Stevenson, WA in April. I have been trying to find silkies of good quality for over 2 years. I am not able to ship them in, and I have been having the worst of luck finding any local...

I would PREFER b/b/s, but would love Lavender or split to lavender as I would like to raise Lavender too! I am also looking for 4 While pullets for a friend of mine.

I have sent a ton of emails in the past few months to people whom I have found online, and I haven't gotten any response.

Is there anyone who can help me? I live in Eastern WA, way up in the boonies, and I don't have internet access at home, I come to town to use the computers at the library.

I really want to be able to pick them up at the show./ It's going to be the best opportunity I will have.

I GREATLY appreciate ANY and ALL assistance!

Take care!

~ Mandi
CELL PHONE if need be: 509-936-1069
EMAIL : [email protected]

Quote:
Same as for any other breed of chicken. It really depends on the incubator, and whetehr it has an automatic turner and/or forced air fan. Somewhere between 99 and 101 degrees, humidity depends greatly on the ambient humidity in your area. I keep my sportsman at about 75% for the entire 21 days. When I refill the water tub, it goes higher, when the water is low, it goes lower. I also rock the eggs the entire time.

Silkies are no different than other chickens: this goes for genetics, incubation times, etc. Of course there are breed specific things, but that goes for every breed. A different type of feather does not mean a different species.

Back
Top Bottom