Silkie thread!

Quote:
All so precious and beautiful! I pray they, you and your property are safe and sound.
hugs.gif

Colie <3 :

Quote:
From the body type I'd guess it's a cockerel but it's soo hard to tell. In the first picture I can't see the comb well but I have to ask, does the chick have a walnut comb? It kinda looks like a straight ridge to me but that might just be blamed on the picture and my looking at it funny....

Uhh... It's kind of straightish. I'll try and lighten up the picture a bit maybe that will help.

This is a little better angled and edited to show the comb better.

103431_silkieboy.png

Quote:
Do you know what color her parents were?

Could she be splash? I had a bird that looked really similiar to yours and she ended up getting her "splash" markings very late.

X2...and she won Champion Featherleg as a splash looking quite similar to yours.

ETA: She is pictured in my avatar.

Last edited:
Quote:
Silkie feathering is recessive. Takes two copies to show. Occasionally a bird is partially silkied, and my understanding is that this is still a case where there are two copies present. Why some have only a few silkied feathers while others are mostly silkie is a question to which I have no answer. I have a silkie cross (f3) whose crest is silkied, but none of the rest of him. Very odd looking. I would guess there are some modifier genes that are in some way affecting the silkie-ing.

These 25 Silkies I got that are 2 1/2 weeks old are so beautiful that I was thinking of selling them but now I'm getting real close to changing my mind.This is my 1st with raising Silkies from birth. I'll post pictures later. Grandkids wanna watch a movie.
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom