Silkie thread!

Quote:
There are really great people on this thread! I feel like I'm getting a college education in silkies!
big_smile.png

Lol I know, the Polish thread definitely isn't this active with people, lol.

Did somebody say POLISH
smile.png

71009_2011-11-30_023.jpg

Quote:
Lol! Well you have a little while yet but not long. It'll seem like yesterday you were just putting them in, but it will feel like an eternity in the process. You must post pics the instant they hatch ^^

I will post pictures as soon as they dry and fluff up that way i can take them out of the bator and put them into the Brooder

Brody's Broodello :

Thanks

These birds had the correct makeup to make the Salmons, not an easy 1 + 1 breeding! I have had so many people want to make their own, but they don't realize that you just can make them, without the specific genetic background of the parent birds.

Thanks so much for all the info you & Silver have posted. I never intended for this pairing to happen, but was curious to see what was produced none the less
smile.png
The photos are quite beautiful, unlike others I've seen. I would be interested in following this color, but am concentrating on another project at the moment. Love & Light to all...Blessings for a beautiful Christmas.​

Quote:
Thanks so much for all the info you & Silver have posted. I never intended for this pairing to happen, but was curious to see what was produced none the less
smile.png
The photos are quite beautiful, unlike others I've seen. I would be interested in following this color, but am concentrating on another project at the moment. Love & Light to all...Blessings for a beautiful Christmas.

Thanks, we are lucky to have someone with Silver's knowledge on here. It's also nice to get the perspective from across the pond! I have been hatching heavy from the Salmons lately, an will be working with the offspring this coming year. My 5 year plan is to have the consist results from the breedings, after working thru the genetic throwbacks. The find in all this was the Mahogany red cock, I really loved that bird! Without him and his breeding, none of these would be possible. The sad part is that he sat in my barn for 3 years before I had anything to breed him to.

I posted this on the gender board, but thought I'd get some insight here as well. I just want to be sure all these birds are roos. They're about 9 months old.

Pretty sure these are all roosters, but can someone please confirm?

P1050609.jpg

P1050608.jpg

P1050607.jpg

P1050600.jpg

P1050409.jpg

My husband is worried that one of the cuckoos may be a hen, but I don't think so. (I'm selling these as roos)

Back
Top Bottom