Silkie thread!

Quote:
For today, I would put them back in their coop with some form of warmth until they dry. The mud will probably fall of when they are dry. If not, you can give them a warm bath but if it's cold outside you'll need to keep them inside until they dry.

ty i have put them back in for today what can i do to keep the run somewhat dry untill i can inclose it hopefully after the first of the year if not at least by income tax time it is a 16X16 run what is the best way to inclose it and what would i need i am the only one that plans how to build things my husband could care less i was thinking i would need (8) 2X4X12, (10) 2x4x8, and (8) 4ft X 8ft plywood would i need anymore wood

If you do that make sure to slant it alittle for the rain to run off.If not it will puddle up & rot the wood then it would be a waste of money. Good Luck

Quote:
ty i have put them back in for today what can i do to keep the run somewhat dry untill i can inclose it hopefully after the first of the year if not at least by income tax time it is a 16X16 run what is the best way to inclose it and what would i need i am the only one that plans how to build things my husband could care less i was thinking i would need (8) 2X4X12, (10) 2x4x8, and (8) 4ft X 8ft plywood would i need anymore wood

If you do that make sure to slant it alittle for the rain to run off.If not it will puddle up & rot the wood then it would be a waste of money. Good Luck

I use sand in the runs. Keeps them alot less muddy when it rains. Plus it's cheap.

Quote:
It may be lavender. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe lavender chicks are sometimes born with chipmonk markings.
hmm.png

Brody's Broodello :

Quote:
It may be lavender. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe lavender chicks are sometimes born with chipmonk markings.
hmm.png

Not a lavender.​

Is that because they are not sometimes born with chipmonk markings?

Well, I had eggs from mine, which are partridge, and some from someone else that were supposed to be BBS...so really not sure which egg he hatched from. The darker color on him, is a smokey gray.

Back
Top Bottom