Silkie thread!

Quote:
I would not think she is a paint just from that little spot of black feathering. A white bird will sometimes get a little bit of black ticking. It can be common in white Cochins and I have seen it in silkies. Just my opinion based on my experience.

Hey everyone. So i was wondering if you all could enlighten me by telling me the color of this silkie chick. It was labeled buff.
014.jpg

Quote:
I would not think she is a paint just from that little spot of black feathering. A white bird will sometimes get a little bit of black ticking. It can be common in white Cochins and I have seen it in silkies. Just my opinion based on my experience.

One spot does not make a paint, the bird must have a relative that is paint first, ie parent is paint, or parents are spilt ( half paint)

The wonderful winning white hen in my avatar pic was always growing in one black feather on her head. Was she a paint NO! Just a white with a random off feather once in a while!

Lots of beautiful silkies on this long thread;-)
I plan on buying more eggs soon and would love to know if there are any breeders who do not use tons of toxins on their birds? I've noticed from posts or websites that a lot of "preventative poisoning" is being done. If anyone raises quality birds without using excessive chemicals please PM or email me. Thanks.

Cant believe I found the silkie thread all the way on page 3!!!!
ep.gif

Anyways I have a questions about my 17 day old silkie chicks. Theyre are a few with bumps on their little flat combs the other ones are noticeable but now AS noticeable as the others. Do you think the ones with the "bigger" combs could be little roos??

I hope not...
fl.gif

Thanks in advance! Will post pics soon!

Quote:
way too early for any tells for sex. there have been numerous ideas and thoughts on sexing, but none have ever proven fool proof, or prove true from bloodline to bloodline.

I have one, when I have a gray chick hatch out of my whites they are always boys. Its been going on for years now so I've got a high enough incidence rate to know the gray ones are boys.

Back
Top Bottom