Silkie thread!

His comb is nice, I think. That is one of the positives..haha. Perhaps it does look more red due to the camera/sun. The off coloring is my concern (which u can see in the pics).

Its got to be your camera bc his comb is not too red
wink.png

Besides if he had any DQ's I don't think he would have placed in the last show right? I think they would of marked him for it. But, that's just my opinion and I'm not a judge. I still say enter him
big_smile.png

Quote:

I think I'm gonna just bring him.

Beth G. :

Its got to be your camera bc his comb is not too red
wink.png

Besides if he had any DQ's I don't think he would have placed in the last show right? I think they would of marked him for it. But, that's just my opinion and I'm not a judge. I still say enter him
big_smile.png

Quote:​

Hey Silkie People,
I have a problem with one of my silkies. I posted this on the emergency section and no one has helped me yet.
The problem is one of the legs, it's like back behind her. Here's some pictures, is there any thing I can do?
Thanks in advance, Kim

70806_2012-01-07_silkie_with_bad_leg_008.jpg

70806_2012-01-07_silkie_with_bad_leg_006.jpg

70806_2012-01-07_silkie_with_bad_leg_001.jpg

Quote:
Doesn't look too good.....Can you give us some more details???? Like onset of symptoms, is it eating or drinking, can it stand at all, how is the other leg affected?
For sure separate it from the rest of your flock. The toes are curled?

It started last night. She is eating and drinking. The other leg looks fine. No she's not standing, just scoots around in her shavings.
I don't know if it's a girl or not but she looks like a girl to me.

Sorry to see them like this. It appears your silkie has contracted Mareks. Most cases both legs start to deform and turn upwards as if they are walking on their hocks/hauches. It progressively can get worse but with constant care they can live. I have a friend w a Jersey Giant that has no use of his legs. He is now 2 yro and has had this since 5 months of age. She keeps him on a deep cushion of straw and cleans his bum daily with baby wipes.

I could be wrong and sometimes vitamin deficiency can give them a lame leg but if they bird is still eating and drinking and the only sign is just leg distortion I would say that is the start of Mareks
sad.png

Best wishes!!
hugs.gif

Quote:

That was my first thought too, but after doing some quick research, it seemed like there were other things it could be. Hopefully, whatever it is, your baby recovers.

Beth G. :

Sorry to see them like this. It appears your silkie has contracted Mareks. Most cases both legs start to deform and turn upwards as if they are walking on their hocks/hauches. It progressively can get worse but with constant care they can live. I have a friend w a Jersey Giant that has no use of his legs. He is now 2 yro and has had this since 5 months of age. She keeps him on a deep cushion of straw and cleans his bum daily with baby wipes.

I could be wrong and sometimes vitamin deficiency can give them a lame leg but if they bird is still eating and drinking and the only sign is just leg distortion I would say that is the start of Mareks
sad.png

Best wishes!!
hugs.gif

Quote:​

Back
Top Bottom