Silkie thread!

Wow what a beautiful picture and your grandaughter is very beautiful!! Look at those beautiful blue eyes to match her shirt. Just gorgeous. Oh and the chick too
wink.png

I've never really seen any of mine do just that. Usually when they have mareks they lose total balance and need to put their butt/tail down to help balance and they tend to also flip backwards when trying to pick up their head/neck. So if the only sign is her just having issues and tucking her head I would say give the vitamins a try and massage her like your doing.

Sounds like you've got it all under control from the other two you've helped along
wink.png

Best Wishes and I won't tell Wynette you love silkies more than Marans
ep.gif

Quote:
Hi sue! I too, had a white silkie chick that did this. dont know why maybe injured while shipped? was your bird shipped that it was happening to? just a thought. See you at the show.

Josh

I hatched out of eggs I picked up. There were 2 other hatchmates that started with wry neck,but I was diligent and massaged their necks several times a day and they both recovered.

I will get the vitamins and see it it helps. I am trying to massage her neck like I did with her hatchmates, hopefully it will pass. She is a grey, and the only greg one I have so I don't want to lose her....I give them vitamins in their water so am not sure that is it, but will try the tri vi sol baby vitamins.

I'm a complete novice with Silkies...so I'm at a loss when things I've haven't seen before happen. Thanks for all the information.

Don't tell anyone, but I'm really loving my silkies....ssshhhhhhh! Especially those Marans people! LOL
Here is one of my favorite pics...grandaughter with silkie...

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/22072_img-20111010-00062.jpg

Wow I didn't think she had any leakage at all. I though maybe from being outside in the sun gave her a little sunny look
wink.png

Either way she and her offspring are just beautiful and very typey!! Not to mention their toes and spacing are A+++
Quote:
I love Pam's Splash's!!!!
love.gif
I had the pleasure of getting some chicks from her and they are absolutely gorgeous!!! I can't wait till the one splash and other blues fill in more. I hope to get some more eggs soon to try and hatch some more out
fl.gif
fl.gif

So far at the shows Pam's Splashes win alot and look the best by far at the few I've been to with her and her daughter.

Lex kicked butt with her anway. Haha. She is so out of condition now. Maybe when I have more girls old enough to lay, I'll separate her for a while.

Beth G. :

Wow I didn't think she had any leakage at all. I though maybe from being outside in the sun gave her a little sunny look
wink.png

Either way she and her offspring are just beautiful and very typey!! Not to mention their toes and spacing are A+++
Quote:

Quote:
I love her, Pam!! Splash is my favorite and I just recently got my first. The oldest is 5 wks. today and I just have to becareful not to squeeze it too hard!
big_smile.png
I also have 4 younger ones. I just can't take my eyes off of them!
love.gif

Quote:
She's GORGEOUS!
love.gif

Splash is, by far, my favorite Silkie color. I wanted to get several colors in Silkies, but 2 out of 4 of mine are Splash, and I've been tempted to just get another Splash - as they seem to vary in appearance a bit one from another. My girl in my avatar has red in her hair, but it's from the sun.
sad.png
I'm thinking of adding a tarp on the east facing side.. maybe that will help.

Quote:

The comb looks red enough that some (not all) judges would DQ him. SHAPE of the comb is excellent. I do not see any off colouring in the first photo, and am not sure if what I see in the second is truly that (gold/brassy on the far right side of the photo).

Yes, some judges will place birds that are not "the best" and others will not--depends on the judge and the size/makeup of the show. Brassy is not a DQ; leakage in a cockerel IS, leakage in a cock is not, but is often DQed anyways.

Head/neck is not as wide as I'd prefer. Entry fee is maybe $3 or $4? Worst case scenario is you enter him and don't win, but have fun and learn and get to hang out for a day or weekend with other folks who enjoy showing and talking birds.

Hey sonran could u give me ur idea on my buffs a couple pages back also what do u think my white silkie is male or female just want some oppinoins b4 the site goes down

Back
Top Bottom