Silkie thread!

I doubted that is was gape worm from the get go. Now from your description of where its housed and its age I can pretty much guarantee that it is not. Someone already stated it might very well be respiratory. You need to investigate what antibiotics are available to you that deals with respiratory illness'. Call your vet, they could very well direct you.

Quote:

Quote:

Gape worm usually comes from dew worms, I believe, or wild birds. Did your birds ever spend any time outside? A vet could do a fecal exam for you - quite quickly. I just had one done on my birds. (Negative, thankfully!) I believe gape worm will show on that. WELL worth doing at this point. But I think it would be unusual for a young indoor chicken to get gape worm especially at this time of year in Ontario. I would suspect respiratory at this point as well.

i do have a antiboitic on hand its called gallimycin it has help my chickens from snezzing and mucus discharge but would it help in this cause also if i remove the wormer and put this in there will it harm the chicks my feed is not medicated

i do have a antiboitic on hand its called gallimycin it has help my chickens from snezzing and mucus discharge but would it help in this cause also if i remove the wormer and put this in there will it harm the chicks my feed is not medicated

It certainly won't hurt if you remove the piperazine. It is next to useless in this case. But I am also not one for treating when I don't know what I'm working with. Have you isolated the sick bird?

no i have not isolated her shes with the other chicks i have no where to put her but i dont think its gapeworm but she is streching her neck trying to breath she still eats but wont drink water or atleast i havent seen here trying to drink water

Hi everyone, I was wondering about Buff Silkies and eye color. I have ordered eggs from several different breeders and hatched out a dozen or so buffs. They all have brown eyes. Isn't the standard eye color for all Silkies black? Is this a problem others have had with buffs?

Thanks,
Sharon

Back
Top Bottom