Silkie thread!

That is what I did, too. I shipped in a trio of birds that i picked out from photos. Two of them are exactly what I was hoping, and the 3rd-- not so much. But perhaps will be a good breeder. We shall see! I'm about to set their eggs tomorrow I think! :)

Wouldn't that be nice! Talk about getting lucky! Funny, I also have a splash that is really nice. Not sure about color but type-wise. Blows this guy out of the water and I'm pretty sure its a pullet. Huge round crest and just as good foot feathering.
I have my eye on the auctions here and facebook as I would like to get a pair or trio of whites. I had been planning on eggs but after reading this thread I understand it would probably be wiser to go with nice quality breeders to start. I can't have this good of luck second time around. This was my first hatch ever and I ended up with ten out of eighteen eggs.
Thanks all for your opinions and suggestions!

Sooooo cute!!! awww! Looks like one of them might have a vaulted skull?? Melts my heart, they are so adorable.
love.gif

Introducing my new babies..they hatched last night and this am..

Anyone looking for a blue or black silkie cockeral ($25 each) or an awesome blue silkie rooster ($40) (excellent natural breeder that has given me amazing chicks!), send me a private message. Shipping will be tomorrow!

Last edited:
So happy I found The Silkie Thread. All your photos are beautiful.
It appears NO ONE in New York State loves Silkies. They told me
they are NOT real Chickens.

Is there anyone in New York State that has Silkies and loves them?

Thanks again for the Silkie Thread.

So happy I found The Silkie Thread. All your photos are beautiful.
It appears NO ONE in New York State loves Silkies. They told me
they are NOT real Chickens.

Is there anyone in New York State that has Silkies and loves them?

Thanks again for the Silkie Thread.

Aria, join the American Silkie Bantam Club. We have a number of members from New York.

Back
Top Bottom