Silkie thread!

No, I don't. My Silkies are only pets. Don't breed or show.
She makes me want to show though, as she's already been shown once.
I don't know anything about that though! Would have lots of homework to do.

Oh, it doesn't seem to be too hard (showing). The hard part is having good birds! But I think you have a couple of really nice ones, right? If you have kids-- get signed up for 4-H! Our first show this season is March 24th. I'm really looking forward to showing and raising chicks. :) Right now, we're just doing the kid thing/4-H, but you never know where that will lead. :) Hoping I have some really nice birds to sell/swap with other 4-H families when we really get hatching and learn more about silkies. We're just sticking with BBS. Again.. congrats on your new bird! :)

Well all my silkies are going to a friends house to live and i am having to start over a storm came thru friday causing a tree to fall and damage their coop has nice size hole in roof and forestry will not pay to have it fixed even though it was their tree that fell on it all they say it was an act of god. poor babies getting wet and muddy so the best thing for them and not me is to let my friend take these and start over once i get it fixed in a few weeks. i hate this is happening but i got to do what is best for the chickens and this time the coop will be even better

Thank you for the nice comments on our Silkies.. my daughters really love these lil balls of fluff by far the family fav's when it comes to breeds. I'd LOVE to have more variety's but I think six silkies is enough.

I'm so sorry!!
hugs.gif

Well all my silkies are going to a friends house to live and i am having to start over a storm came thru friday causing a tree to fall and damage their coop has nice size hole in roof and forestry will not pay to have it fixed even though it was their tree that fell on it all they say it was an act of god. poor babies getting wet and muddy so the best thing for them and not me is to let my friend take these and start over once i get it fixed in a few weeks. i hate this is happening but i got to do what is best for the chickens and this time the coop will be even better

And this is the 3rd little chick. These babies are from my very first incubating attempt, and from my new birds I've purchased over the last few months from wonderful people on BYC! So my birds and I are both first time chickie parents!

Back
Top Bottom