Silkie thread!

Ah, major bummer! But, at least now you know where that one came from--and how to get another! You realize your are the hero of all us noobs who anxiously wait to see if we, too, will have to learn AI, right?
wink.png

OH guess what, of course I have the worst luck. My one fertile egg that I brought in and put in the incubator died. Then the other fertile egg under my broody-- today she got poop caked on one side of that egg!! So I don't know if it will die because of that... but my luck, it will! Even so-- I am still enjoying the challenge of this. :)

Ah, major bummer! But, at least now you know where that one came from--and how to get another! You realize your are the hero of all us noobs who anxiously wait to see if we, too, will have to learn AI, right?
wink.png

HAHAHHAHA!!! Ughhh... I did another round of AI tonight. On the up side, my little cockerel knows what's going on now and I don't even need to stroke his tail at all! I just grab his legs, part all the fluff away from him and grab the spoon quick because it's done! So honestly, it's takes me like 3 minutes to do the entire thing-- collect and put it in the hen! LOL! And yes... at least I am no longer pulling my hair out wondering if my eggs are fertile. Whew! I just wonder how many people have to do this with silkies!

Dwegg, that is a beautiful buff and great photography too! congrats!
Im suggesting the name Dior, which means Of Gold. She looks to me like she needs a fancy name.
love.gif

These are really lousy pictures from my camera phone today. They make it look a lot more gold than it really is. In most light it looks to be more gray. And no matter what angle I tried I could not seem to get the barring to show up clearly. These 2 are the best I got. So whata you think? Cuckoo or mutant partridge of some shade?

HAHAHHAHA!!! Ughhh... I did another round of AI tonight. On the up side, my little cockerel knows what's going on now and I don't even need to stroke his tail at all! I just grab his legs, part all the fluff away from him and grab the spoon quick because it's done! So honestly, it's takes me like 3 minutes to do the entire thing-- collect and put it in the hen! LOL! And yes... at least I am no longer pulling my hair out wondering if my eggs are fertile. Whew! I just wonder how many people have to do this with silkies!

Haha that is awesome!
highfive.gif
I am testing my splash pair's eggs in the incubator--after her bath I just couldn't make myself waste another possibly fertile egg and decided to throw them in. I guess that makes me an optimist.
cool.png
But, assuming they are infertile I will be trying AI next. And not letting myself put it off. It's not like I can't let them try again on their own at some point, right? It's just a way for me to get a few eggs from these two cooking!

"Buffy" was EXACTLY what I was thinking!! She is a beauty, dwegg!

Okay...confession. Buffy times three! lol Anyway, she is a beautiful bird and making me
droolin.gif
!

These are really lousy pictures from my camera phone today. They make it look a lot more gold than it really is. In most light it looks to be more gray. And no matter what angle I tried I could not seem to get the barring to show up clearly. These 2 are the best I got. So whata you think? Cuckoo or mutant partridge of some shade?

Silver partridge - thats a partridge pattern - definitely not cuckoo

Back
Top Bottom