Silkie thread!

I set 15 silkie eggs last night.Temp is staying at 99 and occasionally going up to 100. I think this is as close as I can get to 99.5. Do you all think this will be okay? This is the first time I have incubated since installing a PC fan.
It's fine if your temps flux a bit, and within the range you specified, you should be fine.

Time for pics!!

6.5 month old cockerel

almost five month old pullets

Young cockerel I'm growing out Please excuse the feet - apparently I need to make booties.

Pullet again

So its been about 6 wks since I posted some pictures of my silkies to help determine their sex. Since they have grown out I still need help in determing 3 out of 4. I think I know but then I second guess myself.
Here is my Blue #1- Shirley
The name can go either way. Which way do you think boy or girl?

Here is my Blue #2- Laverne
Boy or Girl?

Here is my White #1- Popcorn
There is no question on this one.... BOY

Here is my White #2- Butter
I think girl but then again?

So its been about 6 wks since I posted some pictures of my silkies to help determine their sex. Since they have grown out I still need help in determing 3 out of 4. I think I know but then I second guess myself.
Here is my Blue #1- Shirley
The name can go either way. Which way do you think boy or girl?

Here is my Blue #2- Laverne
Boy or Girl?

Here is my White #1- Popcorn
There is no question on this one.... BOY

Here is my White #2- Butter
I think girl but then again?

Shirley looks like a boy to me and Laverne a girl. I'm leaning girl on the last one also. Very nice youngters!!

Hi All,

I was curious if anyone would be kind enough to post a template to use to keep records for your birds. I certianly don't want to leave out any important info that I may overlook because I am a novice. I see that there are several experienced bird owners that have alot of experience with silkies that may be willing to share the best way to keep records without omitting info by accident.

I was in Co-op yesterday and they had two little tiny Show girls they were adorable! They were mostly black. I wanted to take them home so bad, but they were on hold for someone. My question is are all Show girls silkies or are there show girls in other breeds? I wouldn't think I would like the naked necks but there's something about them that's irresistible.

Showgirls were originally a cross between a naked neck Turken and a Silkie. What you see nowadays, hopefully, are many generations away from the originals, that are now called "Showgirls". And yes, even the boys of the breed are called Showgirls!
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom