Silkie thread!

Yes read the back of the bag. I was dumping that in my daughters sandbox until I read the back of the bag and nearly fell over dead. Says "contains known carcinogen". In kinds sandbox sand. OMG are you kidding, you know how many parents probably never read the back. It was an accident that I did!
I am blessed to have access to river sand but if not I would buy coarse sand from Home Depot, etc. and mix with food grade DE. Add DE again every few weeks. Coarse sand dries really fast incase of poop. I'm pretty sure there are no additives but definitely check.

Last edited:
Oops typo there. It is Sweet PDZ

We put the DE on poop piles. We had a severe fly problem this year too, my stallion actually was bit and developed a fly dermatitis from it. He is going to the vet again tomorrow. So we have been putting DE on the poop piles and it seems like it has been working! I dunno!
Thanks for posting that link! Sounds like what I need around here. I've been out of horses for many years now, so I had never heard of this. Wonder if Orscheln's sells it??
The DE I spread in the coop and runs must be working somewhat, at least. This morning, the fly population is down by quite a bit. Of course today is cooler too, so?? Think I'll go spread some more today/

If your roo has no DQ's that is very reasonable. $30 for a pretty pet quality girl is also reasonable, but it really depends on how easy it is to purchase silkies. Where I live they are hard to find. White and partridge also don't make a good pair color wise.
ep.gif
Wow! I give my pets away! $30.00 is what I charge for breeder quality hens. Of course, if you live in CA, everything is more expensive, I know, I used to live there. Here in the sticks, not so much...

Quote:
Hello, Not too many people in New York State that have Bearded Silkies. We are interested in purchasing chicks. Will you have some for sale? We are about 1 hours drive from Cobleskill. Regards, Aria

I just sold a nice pair of juvie Partridges for $50.00, and 6 more younger ones for $100.00. People out here said, "FOR CHICKENS???"
gig.gif
I think, they think I'm telling them a whopper!

Just saw the pics of these birds, and you may be expecting to much. Cock has no middle toe feathering, even if he had in the past, he doesn't at present and you are selling him in his current condition. Hen has tiny crest, not much bigger than a hatchery bird. Again you are selling them as they are now, so in present condition they would not be above pet quality prices. Even birds from two champion winning birds can sometimes not live up to the quality of their breeding, so just because a bird may be from a breeder who does very well at shows, it still could be a pet quality bird.

Back
Top Bottom