Silkie thread!

What do y'all think of my silkies? Are they splash? I have no idea what I got because I actually hadn't ordered silkies, I ordered d'uccles but got these sweethearts. They are about 4 weeks old.

Today's Photos

Einstein was sleepy

Whats better than 1 silkie in a swing??? Two silkies in a swing!

Einstein looking girly.

Trinity loving some Einstein! (she's not burnt, she's very fair like her dad...face turns red in the heat)

Trinity thought the flower should go on top!

Beautiful pictures!!! Love them
love.gif

This is so cute. I was holding my little girl's 3 week old silkie today trying to show it some TLC and getting it used to people. The two little fruit flies started flying around and Jewel, the silkie, stretched her neck out and snatched those two flies out of the air and made a snack. So funny.

I've had a LF flock for a little more than a year and I'm pretty crazy about all of them, but it didn't occur to me to have any silkies until a couple of months ago. Then it was just an afterthought to help fill the incubator because I was getting some Serama eggs.

I cannot believe I almost missed out on having silkies. I am SO in love with them!

The six I have are from Catdance eggs and they're almost 6 weeks old. I've been handling them as they were babies but just this week it seems they have decided I'm truly trustworthy. Today is a rainy day in the Northwest (surprise!) so I've been wasting time here in the computer room where their brooders are. One by one they've been sitting in my lap as I whispered to them, softly stroking their backs, chins, chests - and one by one they have all chirped back softly, sometimes trilling quietly until they fall asleep.
love.gif

I don't know how I'm ever going to have the heart to put them outside in the new coop I just had built for them exclusively. I think I'll miss them way too much!

I've had a LF flock for a little more than a year and I'm pretty crazy about all of them, but it didn't occur to me to have any silkies until a couple of months ago. Then it was just an afterthought to help fill the incubator because I was getting some Serama eggs.

I cannot believe I almost missed out on having silkies. I am SO in love with them!

The six I have are from Catdance eggs and they're almost 6 weeks old. I've been handling them as they were babies but just this week it seems they have decided I'm truly trustworthy. Today is a rainy day in the Northwest (surprise!) so I've been wasting time here in the computer room where their brooders are. One by one they've been sitting in my lap as I whispered to them, softly stroking their backs, chins, chests - and one by one they have all chirped back softly, sometimes trilling quietly until they fall asleep.
love.gif

I don't know how I'm ever going to have the heart to put them outside in the new coop I just had built for them exclusively. I think I'll miss them way too much!
I know exactly how you feel. I am 65 and have had chickens most all my life and just discovered silkies less than two years ago. They changed my world! :)

This is so cute. I was holding my little girl's 3 week old silkie today trying to show it some TLC and getting it used to people. The two little fruit flies started flying around and Jewel, the silkie, stretched her neck out and snatched those two flies out of the air and made a snack. So funny.
Haha!! I love to watch the little ones go after bugs!

Back
Top Bottom