Silkie thread!

Thanks! That Buff is "Gracie." She is my daughter's favorite. She gets to compete in all the shows.
wink.png
Paired up with this boy, I've been getting some amazing buff babies:

My daughter won Jr. Reserve Champion this Spring with this blue pullet.

Hey guys! Hope all are well. Sorry it's been a while, but I still have my 3 new Silkies in my house....they are driving me crazy!! I hope the rain holds off and my son can get their coop and run done this week.
Anyways, I have a question about one of my 3.5 week olds. This is the one that hatched yellow with the purple smutty area on its back. It seems to be getting that color overall with some buff mixed in.
I hope these pictures are ok--they are pretty true to color. Anyone know what color it may be?

Look at these feet already!!!

This little sweetie has become my favorite of all, so far.

Really pretty chick! What color are the wing feathers that are just growing in?

How is this for irony. Everyone has been posting how banty eggs~ especially Silkies~ tend to hatch early. Well, all 3 of my LF eggs have hatched and not one Silkie egg has yet. One pipped yesterday but is taking his/her time getting out of the shell. Today is day 20. :rolleyes:
At what point should I be worried about my Silkie eggs? Everyone looked good on day 14 but I haven't candled since then.
I also find that my silkies are not as fast as people have said to hatch. Never EVER had an egg hatch before day 21. If I set them on a Friday at 8pm, the earliest hatch hasn't been more then 3 hours before 8pm (ie 5 pm - 3 weeks after).

I've only had a silkie hatch first once so far. Normally it's my barred rocks, or my barred rock crosses that hatch first. I don't know why. :idunno

Hey guys! Hope all are well. Sorry it's been a while, but I still have my 3 new Silkies in my house....they are driving me crazy!! I hope the rain holds off and my son can get their coop and run done this week.
Anyways, I have a question about one of my 3.5 week olds. This is the one that hatched yellow with the purple smutty area on its back. It seems to be getting that color overall with some buff mixed in.
I hope these pictures are ok--they are pretty true to color. Anyone know what color it may be?

Look at these feet already!!!

This little sweetie has become my favorite of all, so far.
I think it is a buff. Maybe has some smut (the dark coloring), but that may go away as it feathers.

Back
Top Bottom