Silkie thread!

OMGosh, that's horrible! I'm glad the chick is still alive, but that is scary! I've no idea what attracted them, either. I've noticed a lot of ants around here-- more so than in past years. I need to get more bait traps set out. I'm a little sick of them! They have been crawling up my trees. Since we haven't had rain in months, I'm not worried about my bait traps being ruined.
tongue.png

The chick is almost half way out now, and the ants are nowhere to be seen!
big_smile.png

Another egg has a small crack too.

I have a new silkie hen, I'm wondering what colour you would call her, she reminds me of a tabby cat
very pretty, it could be she's a cross between colours, what do you think? Partidge?
Its a cuckoo I have one just like her sitting on a nest right now... heres a pic of her

I hate ants! Nasty things, they got some baby birds in a nest box I put out once. :( since then I spray that citris natural ant killer spay around the bottom of the trees with nest boxes, seems to work I sprayed every couple days and not near the nest. So glad you caught them in time and saved your baby.

I think Charolette, GInger and Mary Ann definitely have show potential. They are beautiful birds!  And I have 5 years of Silkie breeding/showing experience. I know a good silkie when I see one. :)

Thanks for that...unfortunately..Ginger and Mary-Ann are paints with orange frosting so they won't be going to the show...but they are beautiful girls and they will be having some chicks in the fall definitely ....

Back
Top Bottom