Silkie thread!

Can she sit on twenty if I put under my other hen and if so will she hatch two different times
I wouldn't... I have only had luck with hens on less than ten eggs at a time, plus with two different hatch times, after the first clutch hatches, she will leave the nest to care for those chicks.

All I can say about your silkies (and their names-LOL) is............
droolin.gif
..........!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by ScaredOfShadows

Chocolate

Chocolate and Fudge

Pudding

I love "on a theme" names. I really want to make my own group of "Spice Chickens". The partridge I have right now could totally be Scary Spice.
lol yeah I love the sweets/food theme

my boys aren't on the theme just my girls :

Taffy, Butterscotch (buffs)
Snickers and Truffles (blue partridge)
Sherbert (well thats an easy one ;) )

Blueberry - blue
Powder (as in powdered dougnut) is a white
Brownie, Cookie, Ginger, Fudge, Chocolate, Pudding, Buckwheat, Spice, Penny (not a food but shes named after her breeder and my friend) and I have 2 younger pullets who i have yet to officially name thinking their going to be Twinkie and Cinnamon though.

I would candle & see which are not fertilized so she has amount of eggs that she can handle. I've had broody hen with two different stages of eggs. I take the newly hatched chicks away from her & put in brooder while she sits on rest of eggs. I am lucky to have silkie that excepts chicks at any time & give them back to her when all hatch. Good luck

Back
Top Bottom