Silkie thread!

Thank you Cynthia12, Tiki244! I am very proud of them and so much in LOVE!!!
big_smile.png
I am trying not to post duplicate pictures of them, but the best pictures of them are here in the hatching thread:
You show 6 chicks at the top but only 5 in the individuals...did one of the chicks in the top 6 pass away???

I use Gimp to do that and download free fonts
smile.png

Thank you
smile.png
He's still missing his tail feathers because the others always go for his tail feathers first (he buries his head and lets them!) so here he is..
_MG_1060.jpg
I just love his crest and neck feathers so cool looking. My frizzle/sizzle aren't pretty they are just frizzed and it's a bad hair day all day and nothing could fix it and they are mean to the other chickens. They like being the alpha chicks. I'm waiting for my roo to rise up and be the man he's growing in to.
D.gif

It is a cuckoo, and I'm trying to figure out if it is a girl or boy..lol..oh well..some pictures of a cukcoo Polish coming up on the silkie thread..this is the sweetest bird! 6 weeks old yesterday

I think it is looking girly in the body and face, but what is throwing us off is that it has
some brown in the body..which is pretty, but not sure if that means a cockeral?
Dang sooooo adorable!

Are you sure this is a hen? Looks a bit cockerel-ish to me
hu.gif
But the colors are washed out from the lighting you would have to get some natural lighting pics

She isn't from show lines by any means, but she is a she... I have seen eggs laid and she went broody this past summer.

This is her with my whites, my little black sheep.

That is about the best photo I have of her in the daylight right now... I can try for more tomorrow while they are roaming the yard.

I have some new pictures to post also.
And, I can now officially call myself a Silkie Enabler!! lol I gave one of my little blue chicks away a couple of weeks ago. A woman picked it up for her 74 year old father who had recently hatched a bunch of turkeys, RIR's and some quail just for his own enjoyment. I guess he absolutely fell in love with this blue silkie! Today I decided to give away one of my Catdance chicks because it had extra toes so I gave the same lady a call. An hour later, she was here to pick up the chick for her father!
lol.png

I hear that the father adores his little blue chick and he was thrilled to have a second one to keep the first one company. I guess they were planning on taking a trip somewhere to pick up a couple more so the blue one wasn't alone. And! The father is planning on building a coop just for silkies after seeing how they look all grow up at a local fair! I guess I got them hooked! hahaha

Okay. Then for the pictures! This is my only white Catdance chick. About 7 weeks old now. Cute as a button.

And the cats always have to stick their noses into everything. lol Here's Wednesday checking out the visitor.

So what do you guys think?? Looking good so far for a 7 week old?
I'm really, REALLY hoping it's a pullet. I have a couple chicks that have "rooster" written all over them. They have those long legs and the way they stand & move around, I'm positive that they are boys. But this one, I think, has a very girly look to her. I'm keeping all fingers, toes and body parts crossed for a hen.
bow.gif

Such a beautiful pure white and such small pretty feet. She is lovely.

[COLOR=800000]She is gorgeous! She wants to come to NC and visit Jessy ;)[/COLOR]
Thank you :D She is always standing like this now. I feel like giving her a gold star sticker for her efforts :lol:

I'm so happy with what I got out of my very first silkies . They weren't even great quality (the parents) but together they make way better babies than they themselves were or ever could be.

With my frilkie in the front being all macho :p He's so cute lol.

I have a few chicks in the same pen that are 6 weeks old - and they look just like Phyllis at that age :woot

Back
Top Bottom