Silkie thread!

Mud mask, chamomile/aloe shampoo soak, and voile
clap.gif

awwwweeeeee!!! I washed my buff silkie she had a egg break and she really actually seemed to enjoy it, who would think a chicken would enjoy a bath??? lol

Question. I have five silkies. Some are females and some males, none of them are of laying age so I don't know how strong a mothering instinct would be at this point. I am getting 10 lav orpington chicks soon. I am debating whether to set them up inside the house or outside-- with the brooder lamp of course. I was wondering if the silkies would be likely to play mommy to these chicks if I placed them so that they could not just roam free but the silkies had access. I am guessing not, that they will act just like any other chickens and peck them, but I thought I would ask just the same.

Question. I have five silkies. Some are females and some males, none of them are of laying age so I don't know how strong a mothering instinct would be at this point. I am getting 10 lav orpington chicks soon. I am debating whether to set them up inside the house or outside-- with the brooder lamp of course. I was wondering if the silkies would be likely to play mommy to these chicks if I placed them so that they could not just roam free but the silkies had access. I am guessing not, that they will act just like any other chickens and peck them, but I thought I would ask just the same.
It all depends on their personalities. I'd think they would peck them. I have teenagers that sleep all snuggled up to babies - it all depends. I wouldn't risk it though.

Wow Jonah looks exactly like my Rusty, I thought I was looking at him for a minute. Lol
50c04c3b75c618b2096e051de5e9d70e.jpg

Their all beautiful, I love your girls too! You can send one my way for Rusty! I like Penny
big_smile.png

Rusty is gorgeous, that color scheme is how a partridge boy should look!
LOL I love my Penny, you know my boy Titus? Penny came from the same breeder and I'm getting more girls from the same breeder next week!
celebrate.gif

[COLOR=800000] [/COLOR] [COLOR=800000]Rusty is gorgeous, that color scheme is how a partridge boy should look! [/COLOR] [COLOR=800000]LOL I love my Penny, you know my boy Titus? Penny came from the same breeder and I'm getting more girls from the same breeder next week! :celebrate [/COLOR]
Is Titus the one in your avatar? I have never actually seen a partridge boy look like that around here. They seem to look more like girls but with a brighter gold in them :idunno - I agree - I love that colour scheme. That's what my partridge cochin male's colouring looks like!
_MG_5612_zps2958be1f.jpg

[COLOR=800000] [/COLOR]
[COLOR=800000]Rusty is gorgeous, that color scheme is how a partridge boy should look! [/COLOR]
[COLOR=800000]LOL I love my Penny, you know my boy Titus? Penny came from the same breeder and I'm getting more girls from the same breeder next week! :celebrate [/COLOR]

Your so lucky, I love Titus. Maybe I can get some eggs from you in the future?

Is Titus the one in your avatar?
I have never actually seen a partridge boy look like that around here. They seem to look more like girls but with a brighter gold in them
idunno.gif
- I agree - I love that colour scheme. That's what my partridge cochin male's colouring looks like!
_MG_5612_zps2958be1f.jpg
BEAUTIFUL cochin boy! I love the partridge color scheme
love.gif

My avatar is a hen - Ginger

Titus is not quite colored correctly, but a gorgeous guy and will be used to further my girls for next year :

Last edited:
Is Titus the one in your avatar? I have never actually seen a partridge boy look like that around here. They seem to look more like girls but with a brighter gold in them :idunno - I agree - I love that colour scheme. That's what my partridge cochin male's colouring looks like!
_MG_5612_zps2958be1f.jpg
Beautiful color

Back
Top Bottom