Silkie thread!

He really does look like a bowling pin!
lau.gif
Cute.

I was reading something about Cochins and it seems that the black ones have better type than other colors. Why is it that the black always has better type? Is it because it's a common color and there are more birds to work with, therefore the blacks are nicer than others? What makes black so much more typier than others?
it easier color to work with, like whites white always have best type black usully 2nd

are any one working on any project colors i know there the usuall but it always nice see something new

I have a very nice pair of "porcelain" from Catdance that I fully intend to move forward with - even if I am being pounded for it by the purist poultry folks that don't seem to think project colours have a place in Canada. Especially since we can't come up with a name for the variety ....
th.gif

Who else likes "Wedgewood"??? Apparently "porcelain" won't fly with with APA because we lack mottled genes. Wedgewood was suggested as an alternative. I LOVE it. Would love to see some support to get a variety name going. "Self blue cream" won't fly, so I'm told, because it's too long. "Blue cream" is acceptable to the APA but that makes no sense genetically. Would love to see us get somewhere on a workable name.

I have a very nice pair of "porcelain" from Catdance that I fully intend to move forward with - even if I am being pounded for it by the purist poultry folks that don't seem to think project colours have a place in Canada. Especially since we can't come up with a name for the variety ....
th.gif
what wring wit hcalling it porcelain here usa u know we like project hect iraise showgirls as my main goal
there arent may purest in silkies seen like every body has aov of some sort

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom